QM2 kettles ect.

sennen

I'm sorry to say that if Cunard provided all the accoutrements for tea making they would not last one week.:( Businesses have to do what is necessary to control their losses. If you want a proper pot of tea the only alternative is room service.

Thanks for the photo update - I was in PG on the first post-refit sailing but since it was new they had not yet had everything set up.

In BC there was only a kettle, cups, sachets of instant coffee and tea. The setup was on top of the refrigerator and there is not enough room for much else.

The week after I got off a member posted that her room was not restocked and the "kettle was put in the closet". Not clear from how she wrote it on whether she put the kettle in the closet of if her steward failed to service it.

I'm sorry to say that if Cunard provided all the accoutrements for tea making they would not last one week.:( Businesses have to do what is necessary to control their losses. If you want a proper pot of tea the only alternative is room service.

I've never used room service just for tea but what you get for room service breakfast isn't a proper pot of tea. It's a pot, a teabag and some warm water - maybe I'm unlucky, I have peppermint tea but I am not sure the English Breakfast tea is any better.

Edited by Host Hattie

Thanks for the photo update - I was in PG on the first post-refit sailing but since it was new they had not yet had everything set up.

In BC there was only a kettle, cups, sachets of instant coffee and tea. The setup was on top of the refrigerator and there is not enough room for much else.

The week after I got off a member posted that her room was not restocked and the "kettle was put in the closet". Not clear from how she wrote it on whether she put the kettle in the closet of if her steward failed to service it.

I know from talking with a fellow QG traveller that he took one look at it and had the steward place it all in the closet because it was "in the way". Conversely l thought it was inoffensive and easy to work round as Grill cabins are quite spacious in respect of surface storage.

Everything was replenished as it was used, there were packets of biscuits inside the box containing the tea bags which were also restocked when necessary so hopefully things have settled down now if that was an initial problem.

l did use it on a few occassions where previously l would not have bothered with a hot drink, so for me it is a convenient and appreciated extra amenity.

M-AR