2018 Itineraries

foodsvcmgr

Surprised to receive an e-mail today from Cunard announcing all 2018 itineraries will go on sale September 6th.

This is easily 6 months earlier than in recent years.

Has anyone seen an insider copy of these schedules?

Hoping for more QM2 Caribbean from New York.

In any case, not long to wait.

This was brought up a few weeks ago. At the time I went to 'that major online cruise booking website' and saw the itineraries, although they weren't priced.

I just looked there now and some of them are priced, and some not. Doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason about which are priced.

That is even earlier than was discussed recently on the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2383350

The latest edition of the Cunarder mentions 20th September.

I think this is similar to what was previously reported, just worded somewhat differently. I received the e-mail mentioned by the OP and it appears to be using the phrase "On sale 6 September 2016" to refer to the "pre-registration" process. Here are some excerpts from the e-mail I received earlier today.

2018 voyages coming soon.

On sale 6 September 2016 at 12AM (PT) including full details on itineraries and offers.

Book your voyage starting 6 September at 12 AM (PT) to guarantee your place on the sailing and the category of your choice. Stateroom assignment will be provided on a first come first served basis on the dates below. If you would like a specific stateroom, you may contact your Travel Consultant or Cunard at (800) 728-6273 to make your request.

20 September: World Club members receive stateroom assignments.

21 September: All other guests receive stateroom assignments.

Regards,

John

From my TA this morning:

I’m really excited to let you know that the Cunard and P&O Cruises

summer 2018 sailings are almost here!

I can’t share any details with you just yet but keep an eye out in your

email inbox for details. There are some fantastic cruise offers and

really exciting new sailings for 2018!

I have also found the new itineraries some days ago...

Are the rates per person or room for two persons?

Because more than 4000$ for 14 nights Norway/Iceland or Baltic are INSANE!! [emoji43][emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The prices are the same in 2017 - circa £2800 per person for a balcony which is over $4000. It seems to be that where QE calls in to Hamburg or Rotterdam the prices are very high. Also, it seems that Cunard and P&O are reducing the number and length of cruises to the Baltic/Norway areas. Last couple of years I think there has been over supply as there have been some good deals. Not so this year.

With P&O reducing capacities in the Baltic I agree with you... Only five cruises in 2017, this and last year there have been more Baltic runs.

But not so with Norway, I find them to cruise really often there. And if it's true that also Ventura will sail Norway in 2018 than, they will have even more.

Cunard is rather expanding on the northern areas. Queen Victoria is coming back to Southampton for a full season in 2018, with many Norway and Baltic sailings, and they are fare more diverse. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

Cunard is rather expanding on the northern areas. Queen Victoria is coming back to Southampton for a full season in 2018, with many Norway and Baltic sailings, and they are fare more diverse.

Not quite. As per my post on the other thread:

"the QV is doing round trips from Southampton and not stuck out in the Med ALL summer. However after 31st August, she will be in the Med until 5th November."

2018 voyages with prices on Cunard's UK website now!

On sale to World Club members from 8.00am on 20th September 2016.

Email says:

In 2018, our three Queens will sail across Europe and around the world, with even more variety from

our homeport of Southampton. Witnessing your ship sail into a port for the first time is thrilling and there

are 20 maiden calls on the agenda. You can also stay longer in many ports with overnight stays and

evening departures in iconic destinations such as Barcelona, Boston and Barbados.

As a loyal guest we know you appreciate Cunard's refined elegance and exciting range of destinations. We have much to offer in 2018, once you have found your perfect holiday, register your interest online and our Personal Cruise Experts will contact you to confirm all details.

Be among the first to secure your chosen itinerary, from Transatlantic Crossings to Mediterranean holidays plus as a Cunard World Club member enjoy a 10% saving (including a 5% early booking saving) and a 5% low deposit when you book by 30 November.

Edited by Ray66

These include some of the new ports

QE:

10th June – Baltic: Oslo; Visby; Helsinki; St Petersburg ; Riga; Klaipeda, Lithuania; Gdynia, Poland – 14

24th June – La Rochelle, Bilbao, Gijon, St Peter Port – 7 nights

1st July - Bergen | Geiranger | Bodo | Narvik| Trondheim | Andalsnes | Haugesund – 12 nights

QM2 to note:

1st July – St John, Boston – 5 nights

Not the usual Halifax and Boston

Edited by Ray66

Some nice looking trips, I just wish they would do a New England trip that was shorter. To sail both ways takes 28 days, so no good for those of us who have "normal" jobs.

I see you were a regular on QE2. I did the New England itinerary with her, 19 nights out and back and that included stops in Québec, New York and other ports between. Much as l love QM2 that was an almost unbeatable cruise where the speed of the crossings and journeys between ports will never be seen again.

M-AR

I did a New England and Canada trip on QE2 in 2006, New York, Newport, Boston, Bar Habor, Halifax, Quebec, Sydney Nova Scotia and St Johns Newfoundland. 21 nights in total.

Perfect apart from ex hurricane Florence was coming West as we went East. Even with sea against her, QE2 still arrived in New York on time.

I might have to rough it and fly to New York and sail back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an email from Cunard

Welcome to our 2018 cruises, which invite you to step back aboard one of our ships on a wide choice of adventures....Whatever most captures your imagination, you can book

from our full programme now.

It really pays to start thinking about your 2018 cruise holiday right away. After all, if you book one of our 2018 cruises before 30 November 2016, you can do so with a special low deposit of just 5%. As a valued Cunard World Club member, you will also enjoy a 10% saving on your cruise fare, which includes a 5% Early Booking Saving. It’s just one more enticing reason to plan your next Cunard cruise now

That's all very enticing, but for us in the UK if we book now and change our minds, we lose our deposit or have to pay an admin fee if we change to another cruise.

I've not booked our 2017 cruise yet for the same reason. I've already changed my mind three times on which cruise to book.

So sorry Cunard, not until you change your terms & conditions for us in the UK.

Newly launched itineraries include:

All three Queens will offer cruises

from

Southampton from March to

December

Shurely shome mishtake?! Just the QV in March.

I'm disappointed to see that Cunard has almost written off Halifax for 2018. For the past few years - and for 2017 - there have been four calls. Two have been calls on Atlantic crossings and two are cruises. For 2018 there is just one cruise call.

Last year we took the train to Halifax specifically to attend the celebrations of Cunard's anniversary. Someone from Cunard (not from the QM2) said in his speech that Halifax was very important to Cunard. It's a pity they changed their mind. Oh well, we are on the Quebec-Halifax-NY cruise next month and we will have two opportunities to cross from Southampton to Halifax in 2017.