QE / QV corner balcony vs regular balcony

old fool

Would it be accurate to say?:

The corner balcony cabins have both more interior space and more balcony space, but they have less privacy while on the balcony.

The non-corner balcony cabins have a bit less interior AND balcony space but have good privacy.

Would it be accurate to say?: The corner balcony cabins have both more interior space and more balcony space, but they have less privacy while on the balcony. The non-corner balcony cabins have a bit less interior AND balcony space but have good privacy.
From my experience of a "corner balcony cabin" I'd agree exactly with your points. You've explained it very well old fool.

There are differences in "corner balcony cabins" in layout; some have the balcony doors at an angle (the type I had, the cabin was larger, although the layout meant the extra space was wasted), some have the doors across the end of the cabin as normal (with a large balcony). Some have the balcony above covering the entire outside space, one or two have a small area with no overhang I believe.

However whilst it is true that there is almost zero privacy on the "corner" balconies, that wouldn't stop me having another one if there was one available.

On my next QE cruise I am currently booked into a standard type balcony as none of the corner ones were available when I booked.

Photos of my QE "corner" cabin and balcony can be seen at the end of this set of photos:

Edited by pepperrn

From my experience of a "corner balcony cabin" I'd agree exactly with your points. You've explained it very well old fool.

There are differences in "corner balcony cabins" in layout; some have the balcony doors at an angle (the type I had, the cabin was larger, although the layout meant the extra space was wasted), some have the doors across the end of the cabin as normal (with a large balcony). Some have the balcony above covering the entire outside space, one or two have a small area with no overhang I believe.

However whilst it is true that there is almost zero privacy on the "corner" balconies, that wouldn't stop me having another one if there was one available.

On my next QE cruise I am currently booked into a standard type balcony as none of the corner ones were available when I booked.

Photos of my QE "corner" cabin and balcony can be seen at the end of this set of photos:

Thank you Pepperrn for an amazing display of photos. We will be on the QE in a few months for a WC and I feel like I already know the ship.

Thank you Pepperrn for an amazing display of photos. We will be on the QE in a few months for a WC and I feel like I already know the ship.
Thank you LewiLewi :o , very kind of you :) .

I hope your World Cruise is simply amazing and that you have the most wonderful time. A friend of mine did the 2015 QE WC and had a fantastic voyage... which he is still talking about :) .

Biggest advantage of our "corner" balcony (6095) on QV was that there were two loungers as well as chairs on the balcony. This was on a med cruise, so they got a lot of use.

It was only when you stood out on the extended part of the balcony that you could be seen by others from above. A small price to pay.

25006773713_186097b65b_z.jpg.a83ded600dd6025a83c66eccc2f2a154.jpg

The non-corner balcony cabins have a bit less interior AND balcony space but have good privacy.

For the most part this is true but if you have one of the balconies in the "cut in section" (for example staterooms 7036-7056 on QE) at least part of your balcony is going to be visible to the corner balconies. Also, if you have one of the larger balconies on deck 4, part of them will be visible from the balconies above.