Queen Victoria - Dress code query

Gingerbread Girl

We are thinking of booking our first Cunard cruise and just need some clarification regarding dress codes. The evening dress codes are explained clearly enough on the website -but I am still unclear about the requirements if attending the main Britannia restaurant for breakfast. In particular must men wear long trousers rather than shirts? Must they wear shirts rather than t-shirts? Is it the same at lunchtime?

Thanks for any advice

Cunard Line is a premium cruise line , I believe common sense should prevail when choosing to dine in the Main dining room or even visiting other public venues ,e.g. cocktail bars etc. Cunard suggests 'Smart/Elegant casual wear during the day.

I wouldn't say shorts for breakfast are not permitted ,I've even worn them my self particularly when cruising in hot climates, but then again I've got a good pair of legs ;) however, I'd say extreme forms of sports wear wouldn't really be appropriate.

Cunard Line is a premium cruise line , I believe common sense should prevail when choosing to dine in the Main dining room or even visiting other public venues ,e.g. cocktail bars etc. Cunard suggests 'Smart/Elegant casual wear during the day.

I wouldn't say shorts for breakfast are not permitted ,I've even worn them my self particularly when cruising in hot climates, but then again I've got a good pair of legs ;) however, I'd say extreme forms of sports wear wouldn't really be appropriate.

Need to see a picture of your legs!!

Anything goes around the pool.

Inside, and before 6:00pm, polo shirts, rather than wife beaters, shorts (long), rather than budgie smugglers, and no baseball caps or boaters in the dining room.

Just think country club casual and you'll be fine.

Other than the above obvious, dress as you please and enjoy your well earned holiday.

Stewart

Only once have I seen a guest denied entrance to the MDR on Cunard, that was a guy who had obviously just come from a morning work out in the gym.

He wore a minuscule pair of shorts and a sort of T shirt/ Vest which was saturated with perspiration.

In my post above I referred to common sense when it comes to casual dress in the restaurant & public rooms. It's all very well when others post 'Casual is ok'

but were do we draw the line when it comes to casual.

We have to remember, we may have to share a table during Breakfast/Lunch with other guests, if we feel more comfortable in minuscule shorts, vest and flip flops ;) then I believe we should use the KC/Lido (or board walk/pool area)

BigMac is quite correct, think Country Cub within public rooms. :)