Star Pride

sailoruk

Considering sailing on Star Pride mid June thru Corinth Canal. Any comments about the ship greatly appreciated. Also what is the dress code. Any comments on the "basic" suites, the sizes seems good but???

We are a mature couple but luv to travel so age demographic not a problem

Sailed that cruise late last summer. You're in for a treat. I'd do that cruise again without hesitation. Every place we stopped or viewed while under way was fantastic, not just the canal. Speaking of the canal transit, go up to one of the docking wings that flank the bridge entrances and look at the rudder indicator gauges at some point to see all the steering changes needed to get through the canal. Very impressive. There is a car bridge at the beginning and end of the canal that submerge allowing the ship to travel over the bridge. They wait until the last minute to submerge them. Armed with that bit of info you'll win a bet or two. Dress code is "relaxed" whatever that means. I never saw any passenger that looked even the least bit untidy while we were under way. Nothing fancy just tastefully dressed passengers. There were no bathrobes visible in ANY indoor public space!

I always wear a sports jacket when eating in the MDR of any ship not only to feel properly dressed for dinner while eating dinner in a nice restaurant but out of respect for my servers who have to wear a tie and jacket. You don't need to wear a jacket but surprisingly many other dinners on my cruise did. That was a pleasant surprise. There is no need to pack a tie.