P&O or TA?

Vizeman

Hi Folks,

Just looking at booking the Azura in November for a Caribbean cruise and was wondering where we are likely to get the best deal?

Booking directly through P&O? or using a travel agent? Or maybe one of the online cruise dealers?

I know I could ring around (which I probably will), but I was wondering what your experiences have been!

Neil

Its a question that is asked a lot. Firstly if you are going to book direct then use topcashback. You link through them to P&Os website and get 4.2% cashback. Dont just ring P&O and book.

There is one cruise agent I use who prices are usually around 5% less than P&Os and their search engine is easy and accurate. Best to look at a few agents and see if you can get each to better a best price. However its rare to find one agent with a much better deal these days so 5% is about the maximum I see on offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I normally use Quidco which is a similar thing to Topcashback.

Problem with that is, I will be needing 3 double rooms and p and o website only let's you book upto 5 people. Strange I know. Unless you guys know how to book more with lout having to ring up?

Not always possible I know but we booked a Christmas cruise on Ventura whilst on Britannia this month. While the cost of the cruise was the same as online we got amazing on board spend. And P&O are happy to pass deal to your travel agent if you wish. So if there is a future cruise you fancy when on board it may be worth an ask.

November cruises are generally poor sellers and quite often they are heavily discounted nearer the date, so if you can be flexible it might be worth waiting. However you might not get the airport you want.

A couple of months ago P&O were offering BIG £400p/p big, OBC on some November Caribbean cruises, so there may not be as much spare capacity as in recent years.

Cb

A couple of months ago P&O were offering BIG £400p/p big, OBC on some November Caribbean cruises, so there may not be as much spare capacity as in recent years.

Cb

We are on the Arcadia in November and got £640pp OBC [emoji4]

I wouldn't want that much OBC, we don't do excursions. I normally get a good discount from my TA.

It's a 24 night cruise so lots of time to spend spend [emoji319][emoji482][emoji483][emoji484][emoji485]

I can never grasp how P&O direct refuse to price match offers by TAs... Think of how much of a cut they would be keeping!

It's because a TA will promote the cruise line so they want a bargaining % for their troubles, plus p&o would have to increase their phone staff by 1000s if they had no outside help..