Bottled water in cabins

Vickitoria10

Do you get some in fridge on embarkation day?

Also how much is it to replace the bottles? We have a toddler who only drinks water so I want bottled water to fill up his cup for on the go!

Is the tap water safe to drink or is it the same as she. You go abroad and are better sticking to the bottles water?

Thanks

We usually buy 6 large bottles of water for about £9.00...but we have also boiled the kettle and filled an empty bottle up and kept it in the fridge :-)

Actually £9-50 for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles

There are usually 2 small bottles in the fridge.

It is said that tap water is safe but have never taken the chance, always drink from bottle

Thanks everyone that's great. I won't bother trying to carry a load of bottles onboard then! I'd not thought about boiling the kettle with it either, that's a fab idea thanks, I'd drink the tap water but want to be super careful it doesn't upset my sons tummy with different water!

Edited by Vickitoria10

Actually £9-50 for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles

There are usually 2 small bottles in the fridge.

It is said that tap water is safe but have never taken the chance, always drink from bottle

Yes Silver Surfer it costs £9.50 for 6 1.5 litre bottles but with our discount it's costs £9.02 :D

Hi, last month when we boarded there were two small bottles in fridge (free) and a pack of 6 1.5L bottles packed together in plastic wrap which you could purchase as mentioned above, leave under the table unused or ask steward to take away if you wanted.

Further bottles available from steward for a reasonable fee.

Dave

The tap water is fine to drink. We went on all access tour on a RCI ship and the water filtering process was explained that they use if they run out of fresh water that has been pumped on board in port. The water quality should equal or succeed UK tap water.

You could also do what my wife does. She goes up to the gym and fills her sports bottle with he cold water from their chiller. Just make sure that the opening of the bottle (such as sports bottles) is wide enough that it doesn't come in contact with the chiller mechanism. You don't want to spread any germs.

My wife makes sure that the bottle is quite a distance from the chiller tap to avoid contact.

Edited by shallwe

You could also do what my wife does. She goes up to the gym and fills her sports bottle with he cold water from their chiller. Just make sure that the opening of the bottle (such as sports bottles) is wide enough that it doesn't come in contact with the chiller mechanism. You don't want to spread any germs.

My wife makes sure that the bottle is quite a distance from the chiller tap to avoid contact.

Consider that a can of worms fully opened

This is frowned on in the buffets, why is it acceptable in the gym?

David.

This is frowned on in the buffets, why is it acceptable in the gym?

David.

The water coolers in the gym don't have a tap like those in the buffet, they are the traditional water fountain. So the water is shot up in the air in an arc and you catch it in your bottle on the way down.

My wife also does the same thing as jeanlyon, boils water in the cabin and let's it cool down.

Our neighbour here at home comes in every Friday with a dozen bottles of water from the supermarket. I always wonder why. We have an undersink filter here at home. There is no way I would buy bottled water. There is nothing wrong with the tap water on the ship, but it tastes better if boiled and allowed to cool.

Yes we had tap water with black bits in the water from the start of the cruise to the end and occasionally mucky yellowish brown water in tap water and shower. Reported several times throughout the cruise and the first time we had anything done was on last morning of cruise while having breakfast somebody had obviously been to our cabin because bathroom was flooded with numerous towels soaking up the mucky water.

I know that some of you 'refuse to use bottled water at £9.50' but when that is compared to bottled water on land it really isn't that expensive. It suits me, we don't get ill and it tastes nice. 6 x 1.5 litres for £9.50 (minus our discount) really is not that bad, is it??? :confused:

I know that some of you 'refuse to use bottled water at £9.50' but when that is compared to bottled water on land it really isn't that expensive. It suits me, we don't get ill and it tastes nice. 6 x 1.5 litres for £9.50 (minus our discount) really is not that bad, is it??? :confused:

I would agree, I had forgotten the discount, but then this only applies once you have used up your 'on board credit' - getting very technical now!