Arrival & Departure 'times'

Owlhelm

Hi all,

I wonder if I could call upon the experienced P&O-ers to help me out with the cruise personaliser itinerary arrival and departure times.

Can anyone put some times to these descriptions?

Early morning (arrival)

Morning (arrival)

Early Afternoon (departure)

Afternoon (departure)

Early Evening (departure)

Evening (departure)

Afternoon and Evening are the most important - I guess the early versions would be an hour or two earlier.

Cheers

Martin

Hi all,

I wonder if I could call upon the experienced P&O-ers to help me out with the cruise personaliser itinerary arrival and departure times.

Early morning (arrival)

Morning (arrival)

Afternoon (departure)

Evening (departure)

Afternoon and Evening are the most important - I guess the early versions would be an hour or two earlier.

Cheers

Martin

A guess

Early morning 8 am ish

Morning 9am ish

Early afternoon 3pm ish

Afternoon 5pm ish

Early evening 6pm ish

Evening 7pm ish

Hopefully someone will post a link to the website that tells you when most ships are booked into ports.

The times downloaded from their website in 2013 were :-

Early Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midnight and 08.59am

Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00am and 11.59am

Early Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midday and 02.59pm

Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 03.00pm and 05.59pm

Early Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 06.00pm and 08.59pm

Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00pm and 11.59pm

Not sure if they have changed since.

The times downloaded from their website in 2013 were :-

Early Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midnight and 08.59am

Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00am and 11.59am

Early Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midday and 02.59pm

Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 03.00pm and 05.59pm

Early Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 06.00pm and 08.59pm

Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00pm and 11.59pm

Not sure if they have changed since.

Looks like my guesstimates off the top of my head were not that far off..

I'm finding it a bit difficult not having firm port arrival/departure times for our December cruise on Adonia.

Try http://www.cruisetimetables.com for some reason it had a bit more info for P&O than cruisett.

Sadly it still had Adonia with the weird early morning stuff - makes organising excursions a bit challenging!

Might give P&O a ring as LondonTowner did and see if I can get more info!

Hi all,

Early morning (arrival)

Morning (arrival)

Afternoon (departure)

Evening (departure)

Cheers

Martin

Go to your cruise personaliser on the P & O website and do a dummy tour booking. You will then be shown the times the tour leave and the duration of said tours. That's usually a pretty good guide to arrival and departure times.

Great idea. Just looked. The earliest tour goes at 0830, so what time do you reckon the ship gets in. We need to be off really early as we are meeting very old Albanian friends.

Going from memory the tours usually leave pretty soon after docking and customs clearance. I would imagine if you plan for 8.30 it won't be far wrong.

Yes, but it's a tender port, so must get in much earlier. Also, we are in Corfu the day before and it's only 25 miles from there!

Well if its a tender port and the first tour leaves at 8.30am, they will not let people board the tenders until all the p and o tours are ashore. I would take it that you will not be going until 8.30-9.00am. Does not actually matter what time the ship gets into the port, its when you will be allowed to board the tenders.

Leaving-afternoon looks to be between 3-6pm. Before you leave the ship they will tell you when the last tender is, and they always say you cannot all get on the last tender ,so you need to plan to get back about 1/2hr before the last tender. So lets say last tender is 4pm, I would aim to be back at port by 3.30pm at the latest.

Yes, but it's a tender port, so must get in much earlier. Also, we are in Corfu the day before and it's only 25 miles from there!

The distance between ports is irrelevant. The ship will chug round in circles. It can not berth earlier than its allocated slot.

In tendered ports ship excursions usually have priority so even less chance of getting off early!

I shall be making a request very early into the cruise to get on the first tender. Will see what they say.

Do come back and let us know how you got on. As I posted at tender ports we have done they have only let the tours off first.. It would be useful to know if that can be circumnavigated in the future.

All tenders will exclusively be used for ships tours first thing.

It is in P & O's interest to get the tours off as quick as possible for various logistical and financial reasons.

I would be VERY surprised if independent passengers were given seats on a tender if tour group passengers were still waiting. I have witnessed a few disgruntled passengers being turned off tenders when they have not been able to produce a tour ticket.

I too would be interested in hearing what happens.

• 2 weeks later...