Britania suites

doug84ang

We are going on Britannia in January next year has anyone stayed in cabin C102 Palermo suite are they as good as suites on Azura?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The suites on Britannia are a lot smaller than the suites on Azura or Ventura or for that matter smaller than any other suites in the P&O fleet. I have viewed the suites on B Deck Aft and Port as well as B Deck suites facing the wake. No dressing room just normal built in wardrobes and apart from balcony being smaller on Port and Starboard sides they are fine. Four of the balconies on B Deck Aft suites have longer and broader balconies , however,I have never been inside C102 so I can't say how big it will be, but the suites are lovely and as the suites are all new they do look a great deal better than the suites on. Azura. The adapted Superior DeLuxe cabins on B Deck are far bigger than any of the suites. Cabin C102 because where it is situated might be a lot bigger than the normal suites. Other than that not much more I can say. Same, butler service, breakfast in Epicurian restaurant, priority for tender etc.

We are on B Deck midship suite in October and B Deck Aft suite November.

Will try to get you a photograph of C102 if you wish.

Enjoy your cruise I am sure you will have a lovely time in your suite.

I've finally managed to set up a separate album for the pictures of my aft suite on Britiannia earlier this year.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/waller2011/9oT90a

We loved our aft corner suite & have booked D738 for 14 nights in September 2016 :)

Joan

Thank you again Joan, the suites do look lovely.

Enjoy D738 in September.

I've finally managed to set up a separate album for the pictures of my aft suite on Britiannia earlier this year.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/waller2011/9oT90a

We loved our aft corner suite & have booked D738 for 14 nights in September 2016 :)

Joan

Great photos Joan - I'll be interested in seeing your photos of D738 we're in D739 December 2016. Hope you enjoy it in September 2016 :)

Hi All.

We have booked the suite E102 on the Britannia for the maiden transatlantic voyage from 23rd October.

This is a forward suite on the port side.

Although a lot of reviews have been posted on the aft suites I have not seen any reviews on the forward suites.

From the deck plan my cabin shows a larger balcony in length to most mid ship suites and a forward facing window.

I would appreciate any information on the Britannia forward suites ( good or bad)

Many thanks.

Dave and Jackie

Hi All.

We have booked the suite E102 on the Britannia for the maiden transatlantic voyage from 23rd October.

This is a forward suite on the port side.

Although a lot of reviews have been posted on the aft suites I have not seen any reviews on the forward suites.

From the deck plan my cabin shows a larger balcony in length to most mid ship suites and a forward facing window

I would appreciate any information on the Britannia forward suites ( good or bad)

Many thanks.

Dave and Jackie

Hi mklions, Dave and Jackie,

We have a roll call up and running for Britannia TA 23rd October, please do pop in and say hi. We also have a meet and greet arranged and you are both very welcome to come along and meet the group. :)

If you browse down the pages you will come to the suites.

Helen, do you mind if I share these on the PO in the Caribbean page please? They are great. There are ACTUAL photos of AFT cabins that we and our friends are going to be in!!! :)

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the link to the images the ship looks amazing!:):):)

Still no pics of the bow suites though, I would like to know how big the balconies are?, from the deck plan they seem long and thin and also i think there is a forward facing window inside the suite as well which would be nice to look out off.

Dave..

Hi Pat,

You previously mentioned that you had seen some images of a forward suite on the Britannia do you know where they can be found? as I have looked all around the site and not seen any.

Thanks,

Dave:)

mklions, I am trying to transport these photographs from another forum to this one but so far I am not having any luck. :mad: I will keep trying.

Pat

• 1 year later...

We have recently return from a Britannia Cruise, staying in C102, Palmero Suite. I could not find a review before we went, so I hope this will be useful. This suite is located at the very front of the ship, literally just under the bridge. It's quite large, with plenty of storage space. The balcony is thin, and I think double the length of the normal balcony. It has two lounger chairs and a small table and chair. It's all quite cramped on the balcony. Since the bridge over hangs over the balcony, there is little or no sun on the balcony, but it does provide shelter from the wind. The suite also offers butler service, ours was pretty useless, took 25mins to answer his pager , and did not clearly explain the service . BReakfast in Expercurian restaurant was lovely. The suite has a lovely big bathroom with bath and separate shower . The main bedroom was a bit bland, could do with some pictures, but we loved the large window at the front , laid in bed watching the ship come into port. BEing at the front it's a long walk to the bars and restaurants at the rear of the ship. If you were sharing the suite with a few friends or family, there is plenty of space , although not much privacy.

I would agree with hampshirecupcake having stayed in F102. Fabulous views coming into port from the huge window in the front bedroom. The balcony for us was a disappointment. Very long, thin, very windy with little sun and cramped. We would move some of the balcony furniture into the lounge for a bit of space every day. Our suite was overlooked and lacked privacy from the staff area at the front of the ship. However, we loved the space in the cabin. The bathroom was amazing as was the Jacuzzi bath and we liked being spoiled in the Epicurean for breakfast.

We have twice stayed in a forward facing suite on Britannia and have just returned from a 2 week cruise where we stayed in an aft corner wrap suite. Having experienced both, if I book a suite on Britannia again (and it is an if) it would be a forward facing one. I shall restrict my comments on what we did / didn't like about the aft suite for another thread (which I started ages ago and will now update having returned) and answer the questions raised about the forward suites.

If you are a sun worshiper (we are not) and wish to sit in direct sunlight, then the balconies are poor as they are part shaded by the overhang from the bridge. They are also very shallow, but that's the same with all side balconies on Britannia, including the mid-ships suites. The only decent balconies are at the aft, but that brings other problems! In all other respects, the front suites are great.

The living area is quite small (as with all suites on Britannia) but if there are just two of you (as has been the case with us) then you can move the two individual chairs into the vast bedroom, which is around 3 times the size of the bedroom of the side and aft suites. This is a little known fact, due to the fact that P&O quote cabin sizes inclusive of balconies. Rear balconies (especially corner wraps) are vast, but the interior accommodation is smaller. Also, some of the ceiling of the front bedrooms are sloped, so P&O don't include that space in the floor area calculation. So, if you aren't overly fussed about the balcony, you have a much bigger suite at the front.

Some respondents have said that the front suites are overlooked. This is only the case on the lowest decks as there is a crew rest area outside at the very front of the ship. We were on D deck and there is no overlooking whatsoever. Others raise issues about wind and / or motion issues at the front. The balconies are screened from wind by the forward structure of the ship which wraps over the side of them. There is no more wind issue than anywhere else on the ship. On the two cruises we have done in a forward suite (2 weeks Med, 1 week Fjords), we felt no movement whatsoever. On the cruise we have just returned from we had a day and a half of swells and the ship was moving a reasonable amount. We found that the movement was every bit as noticeable at the aft or midships areas of the ship as it was at the front.

The forward suites have zero vibration (unlike the aft ones where it is constant) and are silent. It's quite eerie it is so quiet. The only noise nuisance we had was on a couple of nights when crew had parties as their smoking area is at the front of the ship and we were woken by loud voices / laughter etc in the early hours. A phone call to reception stopped the disturbance.

But, above all else, the thing I really missed when we were at the back was the forward view that you get from the forward suites. I prefer to see what's coming up rather than what we have passed. We slept with the blind open (you aren't supposed to, but if you don't have all the lights on nobody knows) and used to love watching every port arrival from the comfort of our bed every morning. The two chairs that I mentioned moving from the lounge can be arranged in front of the panoramic forward facing window as a private Crows Nest for daytime use as well. We often spotted dolphins and whales from here and were then ready on the balcony for when they came alongside.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.