Hotel Nimb or Hotel d'Angleterre?

We have a reservation at Hotel d'Angleterre Jun10-Jun 12 as a pre-cruise hotel but am intrigued by Hotel Nimb - it's actually a bit less in cost. I like the idea of being right at Trivoli Gardens - I think hubby and I would enjoy the evening there.

I booked Hotel d'Angleterre because it seemed walking distance to restaurants/bars - we are not big shoppers and has a/c from what I can tell. Looks like Trivoli Gardens would be a hike if we stayed here.

Looking for advice that would swing me one way or the other...

Our other activities would be canal tour, city tour, castle tour (day trip)?

Much Thanks!

Cheryl

Edited by cruznbelle
spelling and add to

We have a reservation at Hotel d'Angleterre Jun10-Jun 12 as a pre-cruise hotel but am intrigued by Hotel Nimb - it's actually a bit less in cost. I like the idea of being right at Trivoli Gardens - I think hubby and I would enjoy the evening there.

I booked Hotel d'Angleterre because it seemed walking distance to restaurants/bars - we are not big shoppers and has a/c from what I can tell. Looks like Trivoli Gardens would be a hike if we stayed here.

Looking for advice that would swing me one way or the other...

Our other activities would be canal tour, city tour, castle tour (day trip)?

Much Thanks!

Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

You have booked the best hotel in the best location ( the beautiful Angleterre), beside restaurants, sea etc. I would love to stay there sometime.

Tivoli gardens is a hike from everything', there is not a lot around there.

Have fun

Not alot around Tivoli?

Let me see, City Hall, The Glyptotek, National Museum, Strøget, Central Station (for easy access to the airport), Cirkusbygningen. etc

If you choose d'Angleterre just be aware that they are building a metro station in front of the hotel so if you choose that hotel then ask for a room not facing the square.

Thanks Marie and Danish Viking... I plan to stick with my original hotel for the moment. Kinda curious - the metro station... by next year will it be done? I have so much research yet to do so pardon my ignorance - where does the metro station service? In London - we loved being close to the tube - I haven't seen much about the metro in CPH but again - I'm just getting started on planning so this could be a really dumb question and if so - no need to answer.

Best Regards,

Cheryl

If I could choose I'd take the Hotel d'Angleterre. the location is fantastic. both locations are actually good but it can get a little more seedy around Tivoli because Central Station is there. it's not scary just a tiny bit more downscale from Kongens Nytorv in my opinion. the construction IS annoying but there is nothing you can do about it.

The metro construction is finished in 2018 but the worksite will gradually be smaller as the works progress.

But by the end of october they have build a roof that will cover most of the station box so the noisy constructions will be kept to a minimum.

The metro at the current platform will take you to and from the airport in 10-15 minutes time.

The metro construction is finished in 2018 but the worksite will gradually be smaller as the works progress.

But by the end of october they have build a roof that will cover most of the station box so the noisy constructions will be kept to a minimum.

The metro at the current platform will take you to and from the airport in 10-15 minutes time.

Perfect - thank you! I'm sure we'll be fine - just have to figure how to get 14 days of clothes in one bag to take the metro :eek:

So flipping excited - but it's such a LONG ways off....

• 9 months later...

Hi All!

Under 20 days now - ordered some Danish Krone and checked on our reservations at D'angleterre - apparently the going rate for the hotel is now DOUBLE what our reservations were made for - WOW - so glad I secured a room nearly a year in advance!!!!

I'm left wondering if we should plan on a taxi from the airport (current plan) as we land around noon local time after 18 hrs of flights and layovers or if the metro is finished by the hotel and easy to use? Anyone know? I will have 1 large and 1 small rolling bag...

I AM SO EXCITED!! But know we'll be extremely tired by the time we land so would only want to do Metro if it's easy without steps etc. Any current advice would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Cheryl

Sorry for asking a question that is easily obtainable... I'm thinking we'll stick w/ taxi given that I'll be dragging 2 bags....

From Kongens Nytorv St. (Metro)

on Vingårdstræde 63 m

turn right Lille Kongensgade 20 m

turn left Kongens Nytorv (O2) 129 m

turn left Hovedvagtsgade 63 m

To Hotel d'Angleterre, Hotel, København

Hubby is now thinking Metro - LOL - so it's still an open question - if I'm dragging 2 bags dead tired - is it easy enough?

Thanks!!

Edited by cruznbelle

Hi Danish Viking...

gosh- I got that straight off the voyage planner http://www.rejseplanen.....

From: Copenhagen Airport To: Hotel d'Angleterre, Hotel, København

So google mapped it - right you are - it's straight ahead - I virtually walked it :) - if it's a nice day we'll simply use the metro. I clearly need to do more research as I have nothing planned for our 2 days other than walking the vicinity.

Thanks....