Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

What is the best way to get from the cruise terminal to Malmo? We are staying there 3 nights June 12-15th & plan on taking the train to & from Copenhagen. Is the Duo ticket the most cost effective way for 2 people or is there a better way? Thank you.

If you take it in one trip its 3 zones but else its 3 zones to Nørreport an 2 zones from Nørreport to the port.

2 zones cost 24 kroner and 3 zones costs 36 kroner.

Thank you for Danish Viking info can t on bus fare by credit card in the bus?

What is the best way to get from the cruise terminal to Malmo? We are staying there 3 nights June 12-15th & plan on taking the train to & from Copenhagen. Is the Duo ticket the most cost effective way for 2 people or is there a better way? Thank you.

Is the duo ticket the Øresund Familie ticket? Then yes its the cheapest ticket to get over the sound.

The easiest way go get there is by taking bus 25 or 27 to Østerport, as my guide shows 25 will get you closer to the ticket hall but its not a huge difference.

From here there will be a train every 20th minute to Sweden, in the rush hour there will be one every 10th minute.

Thank you for Danish Viking info can t on bus fare by credit card in the bus?

Please don't misunderstand me but I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are asking if you can buy the bus ticket by credit card then its a no.

But at Oceankaj you can buy your ticket at the town shop near the bus stop and they accept credit cards.

The ticket machines accept most credit card but it must be with a chip and pin card but since you are European it should not be a problem.

Please don't misunderstand me but I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are asking if you can buy the bus ticket by credit card then its a no.

But at Oceankaj you can buy your ticket at the town shop near the bus stop and they accept credit cards.

The ticket machines accept most credit card but it must be with a chip and pin card but since you are European it should not be a problem.

sorry but google traduction is not good!!! lol

Thank you for the infos Vicking Danois

Danish Viking ...

Happy belated Birthday !

We are older mobility impaired traveling to Copenhagen to board the Norwegian Star on June 5-26.

We arrive on the 4th and need a midday cab from CPH to Hotel Neptun and then a cab the next day to Oceankaj.

On the 26th we will need a cab from Oceankaj to Hilton Copenhaven Airport Hotel and the next morning to the Airport.

1) Are cabs readily available right outside of the baggage claim British Airways and the Oceankaj Terminal and what would the total cab fare be ?

2) I understand that cabs take credit cards with pins. That is correct?

Many thanks from both of us,

Cinci and David:)

Taxa to mid town is around 300-350 kroner

Hotel to Oceankaj is 200-250 kroner.

Oceankaj to airport is 450-500 kroner

I have done taxi trips before when when I had a Visa debet card without chip and pin but If that´s still the case I don´t know.

Better ask the driver before the trip if they accept the card you have.

There should be plenty of taxies at the pier and airport but at the hotel you should probably get the reception to call a taxi for you.

We used Uber (first time) to get from our airbnb by the Marble Church to the airport. Very easy. 245dk. Fare is calculated by Uber, no meter. No tip required. Receipt comes by text msg. You do need to have a smart phone with Internet. It was probably about half the cost of a taxi. The app shows you a picture of the driver and the car. Waited only 4 minutes for pickup. Would use again.

pm me for a Uber referral, and get a discount on your first ride.

50 kroner cheaper is not what I would call half price.

Can anyone tell me the huge advantage in using Uber.

I have heard horror stories of their price surge and i don't like the idea of a totally strange person picking me up in his own car.

In a taxi I know what I get and who to contact if anything goes wrong.

Thrilled to see pic of Serenade at Oceankaj. We arrive in CPH thursday and it looks like rain until we depart on Sat 30th. Can you suggest indoor activities near Marriott? Christianborg? Natl museum? Probably hold off on canal and walking tour.

Also, what is dress in nice restaurants? Thanks

Seems convenient to get to Nordhavn Station even with our luggage but not to get to Oceankaj Quay C 330. Are there often taxis that will be at Nordhavn Station since it is a big transit day for people coming on going on the cruise dock Oceankaj? I could also get a taxi from my hotel but figure I already have a pass so might consider it. Too much luggage to walk too far. Any thoughts? We will be arriving on a Tuesday in July.

Jenn

Thrilled to see pic of Serenade at Oceankaj. We arrive in CPH thursday and it looks like rain until we depart on Sat 30th. Can you suggest indoor activities near Marriott? Christianborg? Natl museum? Probably hold off on canal and walking tour.

Also, what is dress in nice restaurants? Thanks

I can recommend a few inside activities :D

Den Blå Planet aquarium

The national museum (free entrance)

Glyptoteket

Strommas canal tour boats are covered and I also think that the Netto boats have covered boats aswell

Statens Museum for kunst - National gallery (free entrance)

Rosenborg Castle

Amalienborg Palace

Christiansborg Castle

Seems convenient to get to Nordhavn Station even with our luggage but not to get to Oceankaj Quay C 330. Are there often taxis that will be at Nordhavn Station since it is a big transit day for people coming on going on the cruise dock Oceankaj? I could also get a taxi from my hotel but figure I already have a pass so might consider it. Too much luggage to walk too far. Any thoughts? We will be arriving on a Tuesday in July.

Jenn

I have never seen a taxi at Nordhavn so if I was you I will try to get one at Nørreport or Østerport instead.

My son's flight was cancelled due to a SAS strike. Anyone know anything?

Heads up on possible Iceland air, hotel & transportation strike.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213459

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keflavik Airport has now posted the following:

News

The planned strike actions have been postponed five days as a result of a progress in the ongoing negotiations. Labour disputes in Iceland might affect the travel industry if strikes come to effect. In the table below you will find further information on possible strikes. No changes have been made to the airlines‘ schedules and the airlines will notify their passengers if the situation affects their itiniraries.

Schedule of possible strike actions:

Bus companies plan a strike from 00:00 2 June to 24:00 3 June. The strike could affect bus schedules to and from Keflavik International Airport.

From 00:00 4 June to 24:00 5 June hotel staff plan strike actions. Hotel services might be disrupted.

From 00:00 5 June to 24:00 6 June the staff of ground services companies plan strike actions. Strike might affect flight.

From 00:00 9 June to 24:00 10 June fuel services staff plan strike actions. Strike might affect flight.

11 June a general strike of four unions is planned. The strike might have wide affect on tourism.

As stated above, no changes have been made to flight schedules. For more information please advice with your airline or travel agency. http://www.icetra.is/aviation/passen...ights/strikes/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by ISLABONITA

Thank you. Plenty to do.

My son's flight was cancelled due to a SAS strike. Anyone know anything?

Its the Norwegian pilots that are on strike, weirdly enough the Swedish and Danish pilots could reach a deal so I don't know why the norwegian pilots can't come to an agreement.

It should mostly be flight to Norway and domestic flights in Norway that should be cancelled but somehow some of the flights between SFO and CPH was cancelled as it was piloted by the Norwegian crew.

But I'm pretty sure that flysas.com will keep you updated.