Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Will repost later once our plans are more firm. We are looking for guidance as first-time tourists to Copenhagen prior to our transatlantic cruise aboard Regal Princess, leaving September 11.

Edited by Engineer_Lady
change in plans!

THANK YOU for all your help. We are now home in California, but used your wonderful advice and got quickly and easily to our hotel by train in Copenhagen. Yay for You!

Of these locations or others similar that have different dogs and sausages which would you recommend?

Harry's Place and Døp for hotdogs

also, is Fiskebaren the best for local true fish dishes?

We also love herring, LOVE it............I see that open faced sandwiches or other easy small meals are readily available many places?

Edited by crabby apple
add

Hi DV,

Just want to say thank you one more time for all your efforts. :) We just arrived at the prier by following your guide. It made our transit super easy!! Without your pictures and directions, we would probably be lost!

A million thanks!!!!

Helena

Of these locations or others similar that have different dogs and sausages which would you recommend?

Harry's Place and Døp for hotdogs

also, is Fiskebaren the best for local true fish dishes?

We also love herring, LOVE it............I see that open faced sandwiches or other easy small meals are readily available many places?

Fiskebaren is considered amongst the best but I also recommend Kroghs Fiskerestaurant and Kadeau that has one Michelin star.

And yes you can get Smørrebrød aka open faced sandwiches alot of places.

Easy one....True or False, you are only able to use a credit card for a taxi ride if you call on the phone for the taxi rather than hailing it in the street?

2nd easy one.....The train from CPH to Central Station will take Credit Cards for the journey?

I'm getting conflicting answers on these and I knew where to go for the absolute truth! Thank you in advance Danish Viking!

Linda

Easy one....True or False, you are only able to use a credit card for a taxi ride if you call on the phone for the taxi rather than hailing it in the street?

2nd easy one.....The train from CPH to Central Station will take Credit Cards for the journey?

I'm getting conflicting answers on these and I knew where to go for the absolute truth! Thank you in advance Danish Viking!

Linda

1) false, the only difference is that it costs a little bit more to get a taxi on the phone but its only 10-15 kroners or something (2-3$)

2) you have to buy the ticket before you board the train but unless something has changed you need a pin and chip card to buy the ticket.

That was the situation a few years ago but I must admit that I'm not totally sure if it is the case now.

But else there is many banks both on the airside and landside where you can get some cash.

Thank you, Danish Viking, for your information on Copenhagen's public transportation. After disembarking at Oceankaj, we took the shuttle bus to Osterport Station and then had a nice walk to our hotel. (Hotel Phoenix, on Bredgade St., near Nyhavn) We walked because we had minimal luggage. Another option would have been a bus transfer to a stop very near our hotel. For three days we enjoyed touring Copenhagen using the bus to easily get across town. On departure day, taking the train to the airport from Kongen's Nytorv was efficient and certainly beat the cost of a taxi! The train stopped right at Terminal 3, so only a short walk to security.

We live near Seattle, in Washington State, and can only dream of public transportation such as in Copenhagen!

BTW, for those looking for a nice café dinner in Copenhagen, Café Oscar on Bredgade St. (near the "Marble Church") is a winner - good menu, ambiance, and reasonable prices. It was quiet and mostly frequented by locals.

Danish Viking- I have read most of these posts- and you have a wealth of info about your city! Thanks! I printed off a bus map http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/Tourist/Pages/Tourist.aspx

and noted the Havnbuss- is this like a boat bus and can we get on it with a 24 hour transit pass? Pretty scenery or better to do the canal boats?

Also, is there a link that you could share for the harbor schedule- so I know where our ship is docking? We're on Azamara Quest and will be in Copenhagen Aug 20th from 8a til 8p. One more question please- how would you get to the zoo using public transportation? Thank you. :cool:

We are staying at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers will there be a taxi at the hotel to go to the pier July 5th for th NCL star , or will we need the hotel to call one?

Thanks

Its a big hotel so its very likely that you will find a taxi but I´m sure they will help you get one if its not the case.

Thank you, Danish Viking, for your information on Copenhagen's public transportation. After disembarking at Oceankaj, we took the shuttle bus to Osterport Station and then had a nice walk to our hotel. (Hotel Phoenix, on Bredgade St., near Nyhavn) We walked because we had minimal luggage. Another option would have been a bus transfer to a stop very near our hotel. For three days we enjoyed touring Copenhagen using the bus to easily get across town. On departure day, taking the train to the airport from Kongen's Nytorv was efficient and certainly beat the cost of a taxi! The train stopped right at Terminal 3, so only a short walk to security.

We live near Seattle, in Washington State, and can only dream of public transportation such as in Copenhagen!

BTW, for those looking for a nice café dinner in Copenhagen, Café Oscar on Bredgade St. (near the "Marble Church") is a winner - good menu, ambiance, and reasonable prices. It was quiet and mostly frequented by locals.

Copenhagen is a great walking city so I´m happy to hear that is also worked out for you.

Seattle also seems like a great city and I would love to see a soccer game with Seattle Sounders at their home stadium. :D

Danish Viking- I have read most of these posts- and you have a wealth of info about your city! Thanks! I printed off a bus map http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/Tourist/Pages/Tourist.aspx

and noted the Havnbuss- is this like a boat bus and can we get on it with a 24 hour transit pass? Pretty scenery or better to do the canal boats?

Also, is there a link that you could share for the harbor schedule- so I know where our ship is docking? We're on Azamara Quest and will be in Copenhagen Aug 20th from 8a til 8p. One more question please- how would you get to the zoo using public transportation? Thank you. :cool:

I´m not sure if you need the timetable for the harbour bus or the cruise list so I post both :D

Just press on the stop you need at the timetable will show up.

Downstream

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200099110000&linegid=9011200099100000&line_name=991

Upstream

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200099210000&linegid=9011200099200000&line_name=992

The cruiselist for 2015 for both Copenhagen and Malmö.

http://www1.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/~/media/docs/business%204/cruise%20passenger%20information/cruise%20calls%20cmp%202015%20as%20per%20march%205.ashx

Your ship is docked at Nordre Toldbod.

First you walk to Esplanaden bus stop and take bus 1A towards Hvidovre Hospital or Avedøre station.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200000120000&stop_gid=9025200000001415

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Nordre+Toldbod,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Esplanaden/@55.6880211,12.5924653,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525320d02075dd:0xfa77a6b2de2bb251!2m2!1d12.59938!2d55.688239!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531f6ee5e675:0x874cf50b5a6f99e6!2m2!1d12.590164!2d55.687547!3e2

Then you get off at the central station (Hovedbanegården/København H) and walk from Tietgensgade bridge to Vesterbrogade.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rden/Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rden/@55.6726589,12.5625396,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530ced59748b:0xa4852281a7e7d462!2m2!1d12.561884!2d55.673778!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530d553f977b:0x54f21aeb5e0473a1!2m2!1d12.566762!2d55.671253!3e2

Here you take bus 6A towards Rødovrehallen and get off at Zoologisk have

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200000620000&line_gid=9011200000600000&line_name=6A&journey_gid=9025200000001527#navigate

If we want to take the train and bus 25 starting at the central train station going to the pier, will we be able to get baby strollers aboard both the train and the bus?

Thank you!

There should be no problems.

The busses is designed to get baby strollers etc onto the middle door of the bus.

If you take the S-train to Nørreport then all carriages is with step free access, for the Øresund trains its the middle carriage out of 3 and most regionaltog trains has step free access (the ones with double decker carriages)

How do we go to the cruise ship by public transportation from the Imperial Hotel? We will be taking the NCL Pearl on June 5th. Can we get a bus right close to the ship?:confused:

We will be using the Copenhagen card, hopefully. Also, we will be staying again at the same hotel when we arrive back in Copenhagen on June 12.

Thank you for all your help, I have trying to read all the posts.:)

Luckily your hotel is located close to Vesterport station.

So take a northbound S-train for Klampenborg, Holte, Hillerød, and/or Østerport and get off at either Nørreport or Østerport.

From here you just use my guide on how to get on bus 25 and 27.