tours of Tallin

Have you checked into Tallinn Traveller Tours? We are booked with them for May 26, so I can't testify to the tours. But the reviews online were excellent and the customer service so far has been outstanding. They offer a "free walking tour" where you just tip the guide. We opted for a 3 hour private tour for 4 people at 25€ each. We were able to choose a time for our tour to begin.

If you are going later than May 26, let me know and I will give you a review when we get back.

We are trying to decide between the 3 hr walking tour and the 5 hr van and walking tour. Know everyone loves Old Town but thought it might be nice to see other areas. Has anyone toured outside of Tallinn?

Have you checked into Tallinn Traveller Tours? We are booked with them for May 26, so I can't testify to the tours. But the reviews online were excellent and the customer service so far has been outstanding. They offer a "free walking tour" where you just tip the guide. We opted for a 3 hour private tour for 4 people at 25€ each. We were able to choose a time for our tour to begin.

If you are going later than May 26, let me know and I will give you a review when we get back.

We're excited for your review! We booked a private 2-hour walking tour with them in June :)

We booked a walking tour through Tallinn Traveller Tours last summer. The guide was a local university student. Very highly recommended.

One tip: you'll need to make your way all of the way out of the cruise port area to meet your guide. Keep walking through all the stores, etc. to the gate.

We booked a walking tour through Tallinn Traveller Tours last summer. The guide was a local university student. Very highly recommended.

One tip: you'll need to make your way all of the way out of the cruise port area to meet your guide. Keep walking through all the stores, etc. to the gate.

I contacted them and they want 50% up front. I was trying to organize for our roll call, but don't want to pay for everyone. How did you work it? (this is for the 3 hr private tour)

I contacted them and they want 50% up front. I was trying to organize for our roll call, but don't want to pay for everyone. How did you work it? (this is for the 3 hr private tour)

hmmm... the deposit must be a new thing. I even double checked my emails from last summer to make sure I was not mis-remembering. I did pre-pay for the tour, but it was just my family, so that made things easier! I've shared tours with other cruise critic folks in the past -- they've spotted me for the deposit and vice versa. I've also done the paypal thing on other tours where the deposit was higher so one person was not out the whole amount.

good luck -- and enjoy Tallin. It really was a delightful stop.

Edited by lalawgirl

The prepayment is a new policy. They waived it for us since I contacted them before it went into effect.

When I have coordinated tours with deposits, people paid their own deposit and the tour agency sent me a list of who had paid.

I've done this in the past with other tours and we used Paypal to send the deposit money to one person who then paid the tour company.