Just got our rooms on NA. 4132/4128

Juliamay

Hi there - I booked our family of 4 on the Med. Tapestry leaving August 8th. I saw that our rooms have been assigned 4132 will be for my husband and I and 4128 will be for my teenage sons. My thoughts -

LIFEBOAT!!! I thought I was being a cool mom to not get the boys an inside room. Can I call and "downgrade" them? It appears they will have a window looking right onto the side of a large orange lifeboat.

Room 4132 seems to have a large open balcony facing, a LIFEBOAT. The balcony is quite visible from the neighboring rooms. I guess that isn't horrible as it is quite big but privacy would be an issue.

I can't wait for the trip but these seem a little bit weird.

Thanks for listening. I welcome any advice you might have.

Julia in Woodinville, WA

Although your boys cabin is fully obstructed by a lifeboat, they will have daylight from the floor to ceiling windows, unlike an inside cabin. Chances are good they will be able to look through the lifeboat to see what's going on and to determine what the weather is like. I don't know the ages of your boys, but I don't think they're going to be spending much time looking out their window.;)

Having a balcony beside a lifeboat is like living next door to a cemetery - the neighbours are pretty quiet.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Edited by ger_77

I would be very happy with that room. The cabin assignment gurus at HAL apparently tried to get your boys near to you and gave them a very nice obstructed view outside cabin. These cabins have floor to ceiling glass so they will have lots of natural light coming in.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will love your veranda. It is bigger than you can imagine. We had that room on our Med Tapestry cruise and loved it. We had two lounge chairs and two club chairs and a small table. You can have a party on that veranda. Also unless you plan on sunbathing in the nude :eek: there is no problem with privacy.

As far as your sons room, we have been in an obstructed view room and there is no problem. In fact on our next cruise I actually booked an obstructive view room even though I could have gotten the cabin with the veranda you have ($2000 difference) because it is has as much room as a balcony cabin and it does have the floor to ceiling window (which lets in a lot of light).:)

Enjoy your cruise and wait until you see Venice when you are sailing in, it was a Kodak moment. I have been to Venice many times before our cruise but seeing Venice from the ship was a totally different experience.:)