Best Travel between vancouver airport & cruiseport

hagwas

Just wanted to add my thoughts.....

• love Skytrain/Canada Line/subway when travelling with NO luggage. Otherwise I prefer the taxi.
  • $35 for a taxi carload door to door service vs $9 per adult ($4 double zone + YVR surcharge).
  • Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront, and Fairmont Pacific Rim are great hotels.... but as a budget traveller, I prefer staying a few blocks away where prices can be a few hundred dollars cheaper. Savings can be used for additional nights in Vancouver or Alaskan excursions
  • recommend arriving in YVR the day before to avoid flight delays that can have you late for your ship.
  • check this link for Canada hours and frequency. In general service to/from YVR is 5 minutes, but can be 20 minutes in the late evening.
    http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999

Agree! The Fairmont-YVR is a great hotel to stay in and the Canada Line train station to downtown is not a long/far walk

It is a Long walk, John if you have balance and mobility problems like me. I had a hard enough time with just a purse to meet friends at the Pan Pacific for Dinner. Both ankles have been broken so walking is a real problem for me. Can't imagine how I would have done it with a suite case and carry on bag. I'd rather pay a parking fee if I did dinner again. I know it's expensive but that is at least manageable for me whereby walking with all kinds of crap is not.

It is a Long walk, John if you have balance and mobility problems like me. I had a hard enough time with just a purse to meet friends at the Pan Pacific for Dinner. Both ankles have been broken so walking is a real problem for me. Can't imagine how I would have done it with a suite case and carry on bag. I'd rather pay a parking fee if I did dinner again. I know it's expensive but that is at least manageable for me whereby walking with all kinds of crap is not.

Point well taken Ma'am; Take care!