E-Docs!!

Ricktan

Just wanted to share.....got the email today that we can print out our E-Docs!!!! Yah!! I am soooo excited! Booked this over a year ago, can not believe how close it is....I just want to dance around the room!!:)

Tanya

Just wanted to share.....got the email today that we can print out our E-Docs!!!! Yah!! I am soooo excited! Booked this over a year ago, can not believe how close it is....I just want to dance around the room!!:)

Tanya

Good for you! I hope that you have a wonderful cruise! :)

I've printed out mine also but one thing bothers me....how do we fix the luggage tags to our luggage? I don't plan on carrying a stapler and I can't staple them on at home because the airlines would tear them off. Here's what I may do:

(1) Borrow a stapler from the hotel front desk

(2) Use punch to make a hole in the labels and tie them on with a brightly colored string (like yarn) while standing in line

(3) ? put them on using your instructions

I've printed out mine also but one thing bothers me....how do we fix the luggage tags to our luggage? I don't plan on carrying a stapler and I can't staple them on at home because the airlines would tear them off. Here's what I may do:

(2) Use punch to make a hole in the labels and tie them on with a brightly colored string (like yarn) while standing in line

I have done all of the above and also always over-taped them with package tape (just don't trust paper) before stapling or punching the hole and attaching with a zip tie. Based on recommendations from CC'ers, opted for a plastic tag holder (from Amazon). The ones I bought were: Cruisetags, Cruise Ship Luggage Tags (8 Pack) for $16.99 which fits the HAL tags then attached them with zip ties.

Cruisetags, Cruise Ship Luggage Tags (8 Pack)

Roll over image to zoom in

Cruisetags

Cruisetags, Cruise Ship Luggage Tags (8 Pack)

I usually end up stapling them at the front desk of the hotel on the morning of embarkation (I always arrive the day before a cruise) but my INTENTION is always to pack tape so I don't have to do that... this post is my reminder to put the tape in my carryon NOW! :) There have been times I've forgotten altogether and ended up having the guys on the pier tape or staple them on (sometimes they have staplers in their hands!) ... this is not the suggested way to go however.

Edited by Moriah

After trying various methods and not being particularly happy with them, we purchased the CruiseTags on Amazon a few cruises ago and have been very pleased with them. They are inexpensive, very easy to use and sturdy, and they'll be around for many more cruises to come.

Thank you all for your responses, I'm going to take clear tape and put the tape over the tags and then tape the tags to the luggage handles. These tags that we have to print are simply another way the cruise lines are saving money.

Thank you all for your responses, I'm going to take clear tape and put the tape over the tags and then tape the tags to the luggage handles. These tags that we have to print are simply another way the cruise lines are saving money.

I take a roll of clear tape with me and tape the luggage tags at the end and from side to side. I also print enough tags so that if the piece of luggage has two handles, as mine does, one tag goes on each handle. A third tag goes inside the piece of luggage--just in case.

Cruise lines saving money by having us use "our paper and our ink": there can be no question about that!!!!!

Hi, I covered ours with clear contact, punched a hole through with a six inch nail and used double hat elastic to make a loop,

We are on the Noordam in 10 sleeps, ( or in my case non sleeps)

🚍 ✈️. 🚢

I bought a set of six luggage tag holders from http://www.*******************.com;

Product code LT-53-PD. They are designed to hold cruise ship luggage tags, are very sturdy and come with heavy duty, plastic loops that you affix to any luggage handle. They cost me $20, with tax and shipping.

I bought a set of six luggage tag holders from Favors By Serendipity,

Product code LT-53-PD. They are designed to hold cruise ship luggage tags, are very sturdy and come with heavy duty, plastic loops that you affix to any luggage handle. They cost me $20, with tax and shipping.

I bought a set of six luggage tag holders from http://www.*******************.com;

I did not realize that the web address would be censored. The name of the company is Favors By Serendipity (******************* dot com)

• 7 months later...
I bought a set of six luggage tag holders from Favors By Serendipity,

I bought mine from them the first year we started having to print out own. They are still in like new condition many cruises later. Well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app