recent Explore 4 beverage package

2ptu/000

I just booked a cruise and received the Explore 4 beverage package. We've had this before but were unable to use the card as we like drinks that cost more than $7. Didn't I recently read that you could now pay the difference? Can't seem to find that thread.

I recall reading that somewhere, too. But I also recall several statements that said no way, the whole charge is billed to your room card. As I just got the Explore4, I'm happy that most of what like to drink comes within the price range.

Three times I have read posts where someone has made reference to seeing that you can now "step up" by paying the difference on a drink.

I have never read that it can be done.

Perhaps you are thinking of one of the former posts?

Getting confused.

Is it 7 drinks of any kind per person a day?

So 7 cocktails under 7.00 or wine under 8.00. Per person.

Or all waters 7 of them, or sodas, or coffee drinks?

I read the fine print and I see it is 15 drinks total a day for 2 persons.

Am I right on this?

Also mu PCC said you can not pay 1.00 more for adding a premium shot to your order or paying the difference. You will be charged the price in full to room card.

So has things changed?

Thanks Denise:)

Getting confused.

Is it 7 drinks of any kind per person a day?

I read the fine print and I see it is 15 drinks total a day for 2 persons.

Am I right on this?

No, you aren't.

It's 15 drinks per day, per holder of a SBP. Both adults in a cabin must have the SBP if one does.

No one has posted that they were able to upgrade to a premium liquor by charging the difference to their cabin card.

No, you aren't.

It's 15 drinks per day, per holder of a SBP. Both adults in a cabin must have the SBP if one does.

No one has posted that they were able to upgrade to a premium liquor by charging the difference to their cabin card.

Hi Ruth!

Here is the post I found.

So 15 drinks a day per person! We received this from our PCC. Usually we purchase a beverage card.

#164 Report Post

Old July 8th, 2015, 05:18 AM

Cool Cruiser

We received the Signature Beverage Package on our cruise that ended recently.

In our stateroom was a card with this printed on it:

The Signature Beverage Package is programmed in your Stateroom Keycard.

The package is up to 15 drink maximum per day.

Includes beverages priced at a $7.00 or lower menu price. Participants may order a maximum of three drinks at a time, otherwise, it will be charged to your onboard account. Upgrading your drinks to premium by adding $1 will be charged to your onboard account as well. Package excludes mini bar and in room dining. Package is not transferable or refundable.

Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves th right to refuse service for any reason.

Hope this info is of use.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Have a good day!

Denise:)

We booked our Med Tap cruise last August (for this 9/13). Thank you for the good wishes about receiving our E-Docs, by the the way! When we booked we rec'd the Explore4 and now, the price is 700.00 PP HIGHER! So, you may find that you rec'd a great deal!! We are super happy with our cabin and the Explore4.

Tanya

We booked our Med Tap cruise last August (for this 9/13). Thank you for the good wishes about receiving our E-Docs, by the the way! When we booked we rec'd the Explore4 and now, the price is 700.00 PP HIGHER! So, you may find that you rec'd a great deal!! We are super happy with our cabin and the Explore4.

Tanya

Have a great cruise! Did Med Tap cruise collectors on The Nieuw! Loved it! Did not have the Expoler 4 then, wish we had!

Happy sailing Tanya!

Denise:)