Niew Amsterdam Aft 5188

Maksim

We just got our assignment from VF Guarantee to VB 5188. This is an aft cabin on deck 5. Has anyone stayed in it or another one close to it? Are those balconies larger or the same size as the ones on a side? I was hoping to get a higher deck, at least 6 if not 7 or 8, but I heard aft cabins are really nice. We never stayined in it but always wondered. Any comments are appreciated. Helen.

We just got our assignment from VF Guarantee to VB 5188. This is an aft cabin on deck 5. Has anyone stayed in it or another one close to it? Are those balconies larger or the same size as the ones on a side? I was hoping to get a higher deck, at least 6 if not 7 or 8, but I heard aft cabins are really nice. We never stayined in it but always wondered. Any comments are appreciated. Helen.

Nice upgrade. I have a VB aft booked for November because I didn't want to take a chance that I might get it. I haven't been on the Nieuw Amsterdam - only the aft on the Vista ships- so not sure how much deeper the balcony is but the view is mesmerizing IMO. Personally, I think the view is even better on the lower decks.

Nice upgrade. I have a VB aft booked for November because I didn't want to take a chance that I might get it. I haven't been on the Nieuw Amsterdam - only the aft on the Vista ships- so not sure how much deeper the balcony is but the view is mesmerizing IMO. Personally, I think the view is even better on the lower decks.

Thank you so much for your comments. This is our first HAL and first time aft. Perhaps someone else can elaborate on the size and how it's different from the side balcony cabins.

We are recently off the Zuiderdam, and were in cabin 5185. The aft cabins on deck 5 of the Zuiderdam have extra long balconies, on the order of 12 feet deep. Interestingly, four of the aft cabins (5184-87) are about 6 inches narrower that a regular Veranda room. That made it a tight fit to get around the end of the bed. And the first closet was not as deep as normal, so it didn't hold the normal amount of hanging items.

That said, looking at the Deck Plans for the two ships, I think the aft cabins on the Nieuw Amsterdam are different from the Zuiderdam. One way to see is to use Google Images to see photos of the stern of the ships for comparison.

Greg

Edited by GregnChris

DW and I were in that cabin for a week in February. Unfortunately, I haven't any photos of the balcony or cabin, but both were average in size, neither the biggest nor smallest we've had. We absolutely loved the aft cabin and its view and have two cruises booked for 2016 in aft cabins, including 10 days on the Koningsdam. I'm sure you'll love it!

DW and I were in that cabin for a week in February. Unfortunately, I haven't any photos of the balcony or cabin, but both were average in size, neither the biggest nor smallest we've had. We absolutely loved the aft cabin and its view and have two cruises booked for 2016 in aft cabins, including 10 days on the Koningsdam. I'm sure you'll love it!

Thank you.