Double cruise days.

pizzadog

HAL's policy says that in order to get double cruise days for a suite you must pay a published fare. We have booked a signature suite for our upcoming 19 day Panama cruise from an online TA. Their price was less than Hal's and included a generous OBC. Still, it was their "published" fare. Will we get double cruise days under these circumstances?

Is it true that you do not get double cruise days for a true 'paid' upsell? I recall that a complimentary (unpaid) upgrade is not rewarded that way, but when you take an 'upsell' you are 'paying' for that class of stateroom at the current offered rate; i.e. HAL is offering the stateroom for that rate. The upsell is often times less than a published fare, but not always.

Dennis

Is it true that you do not get double cruise days for a true 'paid' upsell? I recall that a complimentary (unpaid) upgrade is not rewarded that way, but when you take an 'upsell' you are 'paying' for that class of stateroom at the current offered rate; i.e. HAL is offering the stateroom for that rate. The upsell is often times less than a published fare, but not always.

Dennis

If the original cabin you booked qualified for double days, as do SS cabins, any upsell or upgrade you get will also qualify. You cannot get double days by buying an upsell coming from a cabin that wouldn't qualify.

Edited by sail7seas

I received "double days" when accepting an upsell from veranda to signature suite on Eurodam in 2013. I asked before paying for the upsell and was told yes. After cruise sure enough it showed up as double days on mariner section of site.

I received "double days" when accepting an upsell from veranda to signature suite on Eurodam in 2013. I asked before paying for the upsell and was told yes. After cruise sure enough it showed up as double days on mariner section of site.

You were super lucky then. I've taken many upsells and I've never received double points. It generally says right on the upsell that they don't qualify for double pints. Wish I had your luck.

Yes you will. I think it refers more to taking an upsell or getting a free upgrade. In those cases you wouldn't get the double days.

Unless you are a solo, in which case you NEVER get double days.

Unless you are a solo, in which case you NEVER get double days.

I think there may be a mix up here. I believe if a person does book a vista, signature or Neptune suite originally they will get double points, even as a solo. They will not get double points by paying 200 % in a non qualifying cabin.