Exit Stamp From St Maarten

BBQ Lover

We did Windsurf out of St Maarten last year and they didn't put exit stamps in our passports when we flew out of St Maarten. They stamped us in we flew into St Maarten, stamped us out when we got on Windsurf, and stamped us back in when we got off Windsurf. I'm just curious as to what everybody elses experience has been in St Maarten. My major concern is that I don't want to this to turn into a problem for us when we go to Barbados this year for Jewels of the Windward Islands on MSY Windstar. What do you guys think about this situation?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Not a problem. Entry/exit stamps are almost random and the procedure varies greatly from country to county and from officer to officer. We just entered and exited Italy, and weren't stamped in either direction.

Think of it as a little extra space left if your passport for more journeys. The officers usually just flip through your passport if at all, but that's mostly to look for a place to stamp. They may stop if you have a visa.

Some pre-checking is also happening in cases as the carrier submits a passenger list. I've seen agents waiting for a flight to arrive and they either come on board to get the person while we sit and wait or their waiting on the ramp watching for someone.