Legend or Surf

johnnydee2

I have done the transatlantic on the Windsurf four times, and done a 13 day cruise (not crossing) on the Legend. At least on the Windsurf, passenger counts are generally very low, which makes for a very peaceful, relaxing trip.

I love to walk outside, usually do laps for at least an hour a day. I also just like to be outside. For those two reasons, I would chose the Windsurf hands down. On the other hand, for standard size cabins, the Legend wins. We always take a suite on the crossing, and I prefer that as we each have our own bathroom.

The crew and the food are equally good on both ships. Only choose this cruise if you are prepared to entertain yourself for almost two weeks. Most people are either reading a book or writing one. There are a few planned activities - the daily trivia is highly contested, sometimes a boat building for the swimming pool. If that sounds appealing, you will probably love it on either ship.

Edited by Pudgesmom

Ocean sailings hands down Wind Surf. We have sailed over back on the Atlantic with the Surf and we sailed the Pacific on the Spirit. There is nothing like the sails. I think port intensve the motor yachts are great. Coming out of or going into Venice the sails that is my opinion because I adore Venice. The motor yachts are beautiful and extremely confortable. I always go back to the sails. My husband finds them equal. Probably not helpful but in truth you can't go wrong with Windstar.

• 2 weeks later...

Both ships are nice. Cabins on Windsurf are good. 190 sq. ft. Arranged well. Bathroom is small. No tubs. Suites are just 2 regular cabins put together. You get 2 small bathrooms. On Windsurf a suite is costly. Legend cabins are all large. All suites with lots of space. Good sitting area and lots of space around the bed. Bathrooms are spacious with tubs. Sails on Windsurf are nice when they are being used. Most of the time, windsurf motors. Pick the ship that sails when and where you want to be. Whichever ship you choose, have a nice cruise.