New Positions at Windstar

ricflyer

Windstar Creates New Management Team Roles

October 25, 2016

Windstar Cruises announced today it has set a growth course by having appointed a vice president of human resources, a new position for the small-ship operator. In addition, the line recently hired three individuals with maritime and travel industry expertise into newly created positions to build out its Technical Operations and Deployment Departments. As well, the company has recognized several tenured employees within its Human Resources and Logistical Operations departments with promotions and added responsibilities.

The rest of the article is here: http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15931-windstar-creates-new-management-team-roles.html

So what does all this mean? Maybe growth?

Of course growth. They have been very vocal about growth of late. Our captain last month talked about going back to Asia, moving into Alaska, looking at Cuba, and other areas of the US. They have lots of exciting things happening. Let's just hope the execution is well thought out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sb44 - Great to hear that someone else got wind of the Asia, Alaska, and perhaps Cuba possibilities. Our captain last month also mentioned it and I was starting to think I made it all up.... did you have any further discussion with the Capt. about it or was it just a casual mention at the cocktail party?

Since we were on different ships, it is obviously more reliable info - and info that at least two Capts thought was worth repeating to past WS passengers.

It was discussed a couple of times. And also at final night talk before all of the crew was introduced. They are obviously looking for more ships so my bet would be 2018, 2019. The 2018 Caribbean itineraries are partially posted now. I guess we just need to stay tuned. But no, you're not hallucinating!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When we were on the Legend recently we dined with the captain, who mentioned Asia, but also Antarctica as a possible itinerary for the Legend, as it is ice class. He explained this would be an expedition type cruise with zodiac landings via the sports deck.

We did such a cruise ten years ago on the Swan Hellenic Minerva (at the time named Explorer II) We still remember it as the most amazing holiday experience we have had. Totally unlike any other, and not be be compared with a 'drive-by' cruise on a large ship.