Windsurf laundry

hedy7813

The laundry package seems quite reasonable. Does anyone know what a "per piece" charge would be if we chose not to take the package? Also, will they honor a request that certain items not be placed in driers but returned damp? We're on a back to back and surely don't want to pack for 15 days!

Thanks for info.

You can put in any requests you wish. The laundry package is awesome! As the laundry person in a 36 year marriage, I can attest to the absolute fabulousity of having someone bring back all of my clothes beautifully laundered, pressed, hung to dry, dried, etc, often on the same day I sent them out. And going home with all clean clothes in my suitcase? Priceless.

Can you tell I like the laundry package? I don't know the price for individual items, sorry.

I have always taken the package and think it is much better value than 'by piece' although I could not give you figures.

I just write under 'special instructions' to 'line dry only - do not tumble dry' and my clothes come back dry the next day, ironed and on hangers. I don't know if they have a heated drying room? You can put stuff in from the first day and it is a 24 hour turnaround.

I hope this helps. Its great to go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes, apart from what you wore on the last day.

We always take the laundry package as it enables us to just bring carry on, even when we've had land-based stays pre- and post cruise. As other posters have said, you just write special instructions on the form that goes with your laundry bag.

I always take it. On my first WS cruise I hesitated to get it. What was I thinking. I got it. I put my laundry bag out each morning. Clothes were returned about 4pm same day ironed and on hangers. Special requests were no problem. I sent out clothes everyday including the last day. I packed mostly clean clothes to take home. When I got home, I didn't have to do laundry. I just put my clean clothes away. It was delightful. Get the laundry package and relax. The package costs approximately $15 a day per cabin. It is well worth it. Compared to a per piece price, we saved a lot of money. If I didn't have the unlimited laundry, I would probably wash some clothes out in the cabin and send heavier clothes to the laundry. With the unlimited plan, I don't waste my time washing clothes. I wish all cruise lines offered unlimited laundry. You can take less clothing. I figure 3 changes is sufficient. Use a carry on or small suitcase. You may be able to avoid checking luggage on the plane. Taking fewer clothes makes it easier to pick up your suitcase. My back really appreciates the lighter load. Make sure that you sign up on the first day of the cruise. The package is not available after the first day. I use my OBC from my TA. If you don't have any OBC, you can prepurchase the laundry online.

We always take the laundry option.

As I remember the per piece price was about what you would see at a hotel. I loved having all of my clothing clean so I had maximum options of what I wanted to wear. I always asked that my t-shirts and a few other tops be washed and line dried only - always came back great and nicely pressed. On our last cruise, Star Breeze, we did have some sub optimal ironing on a few pieces, but no big deal. It was very hot (Spain/Portugal summer cruise) and I really didn't want to wear a lot of my clothes more than once without washing them so this worked out great.

• 2 weeks later...