We booked 318 on Legend and now they say we are 311

new_cruiser

We have cruised on Windstar several times before but not recently. Those trips were wonderful so Windstar was high on our list when looking for a Spain cruise. The itinerary for Spanish Serenade was just what we wanted.

Yesterday, we booked cabin 318 on Star Legend. So far it's been a really inauspicious start. Apparently they have a new booking system and are really having trouble with it. They had difficulty getting the reservation into the system (apparently one of the first on their new system).

We received an invoice but it doesn't show the cabin number. Then we got another invoice showing the deposit made and then cancelled, but the last 4 digits of the credit card shown don't match the credit card we used. We called them immediately and they checked (after much delay and fussing with the new system again). The agent assured us that our deposit had been made and we were booked in 318.

Now we are being told that we are in cabin 311 and no other cabins in that class are available. We particularly wanted to be on the port side for a view of the cost cruising from Lisbon to Barcelona.

The whole thing is getting very frustrating.

Don't know what happened, but if it's any consolation most of the time you're cruising in daylight will be early morning when you're sleeping or a couple hours after sail away when you'll be dining. Otherwise it'll be dark.

I'd suggest that you use a TA for your bookings. Not only will they give you extra benefits (OBC etc), but they will sort out these types of problems for you and save you a lot of time and stress.

If WS can't provide you with the cabin you booked, don't accept another one that you are not satisfied with. Ask to be upgraded to the next category. It is not your fault that they have a new system that is making errors!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You must be going next spring or summer so you have time to get this fixed. Why not wait a few weeks until the new reservation system is up and running with the kinks worked out? On deposits for cruises this far out they will have "movement" with people who just have deposits up, etc., changing plans and you will most likely have no problem getting a cabin on the port side. Have faith!

Sunprince, we originally booked directly with Windstar but found out about the room change when we transferred the booking to a TA (United's so that we get miles for the booking).

We already were booked in the upper category of balcony suite so an upgrade isn't possible, but our agent worked with them and Windstar offered us a decent amount of on-board credit (more than the difference in fair to the next lower category so kind of similar to giving an upgrade) to compensate for the error.

We wanted to be on the port side and Windstar is saying that all the port side balcony cabins are booked. That surprises me a bit since this is a spring cruise . Perhaps as sb44 suggests, that will change between now and sailing time. Our agent says they are still working on figuring out what happened and may be able to shift us to the port side. If not, we came up with about the same conclusion as milepig suggests. There is just one sea day and most of the time the ship is in port pretty much all day so we can live with starboard.

BTW, my husband had also gotten the Windstar cruise insurance. Apparently they lost track of that too because our booking doesn't have it now. No harm done because I prefer to get insurance independent of the line. Our agent set us up with that.

If anyone else has done bookings with Windstar recently, it might be a good idea to check that you are still booked for what you expect.

Hi newcruiser, my apologies. I was confused that suite 318 was on deck 6 and was the highest balcony class. Somehow I was thinking it was on the lower deck but knew the suite number and the deck numbers were misaligned on the new ships.

Let us know how this worked out for you and as well ultimately what the cruise is like. I have thought about booking that one myself!

Regarding insurance, you might want to consider booking private insurance. It is usually much cheaper than what any cruise line can offer and can be more inclusive. My TA will either provide it for free or give OBC. Depends on the length/cost of the cruise as to which benefit is better. For example. I booked a Seabourn cruise with them and they offered comprehensive insurance at no cost. This was several hundred dollars more than the OBC that they offered.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums