Enchantment Review. Sept 21, 2015. 4-nights.

Anita Latte

Looking at the Compass here...I see the Junior Cruisers' Curfew of 1:00 am for Guests 17 & Under.

I guess we ignored that too...

It was after 2:00 am when we went to bed.

And we had to set an alarm...because we had to wake up to get off the ship the next day.

I believe the curfew is for Junior Cruisers who are not with their parents :D

I have the sheet titled "As You Depart" with all the details re: disembarking. I'll scan that in and post a link later.

We were carrying our luggage off ourselves. It worked for our plans for the day.

Self Carry Departure is from 7:20 am until 8:30 am.

We didn't get much sleep this night.

We didn't eat before leaving the ship...we weren't even hungry.

There was a constantly moving line to exit the ship. It was very long...beginning close to the theater on Deck 5...out to the Promenade Deck and down the side of the ship to reenter by the stairs...down the STAIRS to Deck 4 and off the ship.

I did see people "join" the line on Deck 4...

Customs/Immigration was a breeze. No wait.

We had paid for round trip shuttle service with Cortrans. They were very easy to find. Two people were standing at the front of the ground transportation area. We waited for the shuttle to arrive...and for our fellow passengers to arrive.

Waits tend to feel longer toward the end of a trip...but I would guesstimate that we waited less than 30 minutes.

This shuttle was larger...could seat 20 travelers. There was an enclosed trailer hitched to shuttle to haul luggage.

Our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 8:40 pm.

I know.

It was the only non-stop flight available with the cheapest fare that we could make...

We had a plan for the day though.

The Hyatt Regency Orlando Int'l Airport has day rooms available. Basically, you become a hotel guest from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. You have all the rights and privileges of a hotel guest during that time.

From past experience, we learned that it may not be possible to check baggage when your flight is more than 4 hours away...also, we knew we wouldn't be up for trying to make a day out of Orlando.

The Day Pass room was a great plan. A comfortable, private place to hang out / relax with our luggage.

When I tried to contact the hotel directly, the price quoted was ridiculous. I had been reading several positive reviews that conveyed the idea of the day pass room being the best $99 the reviewers had ever spent at the end of a vacation...

The hotel quoted me a price closer to $200.

We were able to book the Day Room through this website:

https://www.between9and5.com/

We booked a "triple" and were quoted a price greater than $99, but more reasonable than directly with the hotel.

I did not double check my reservation through this website with the hotel, although I could have, I had a reservation number with the hotel in addition to a reservation number with the website. We had no problems checking in...and in fact...we were charged only $99 like I had read about from others on line.

Which made no sense to me at all...but I didn't complain.

Our room had a king sized bed. It was spacious and as wonderful as I had hoped it would be.

This hotel is attached to the airport. From my balcony room, I could see the security lines:

P1110125_zpsvkibozkb.jpg

P1110127_zpsfrkgsr3i.jpg

We slept on and off all day...zoned out to some cable tv.

P1110128_zpsu4pi0jqi.jpg

There was a deck area, with an in-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee supplied:

P1110137_zpshm1x8t7i.jpg

This is a horrible photo of the large, comfy leather (leather-like?) chair and ottoman:

P1110135_zpswrucuetu.jpg

The bathroom was really nice...and surprisingly big:

P1110130_zpsaqiopgsy.jpg

The toilet was to the left of this vanity. The shower bath was to the right.

There was a foyer feeling space and the entrance. Here there was also a large double-door sized closet...and again, a surprising amount of floor space.

Perhaps it all seemed so big because in contrast to the stateroom...regardless...it was very comfortable for our family and fulfilled our needs for the day. With the desk, chair, and large balcony space...this room could easily work for a larger family...especially if anyone was interested in using the pool or other hotel amenities.

We did not leave the room except for food so I cannot comment on the hotel amenities.

We checked out right at 6 pm.

We headed for security and the terminal thinking that we would have plenty of time for a nice dinner before boarding.

Unfortunately, the terminal for our Southwest gate (Gate 120) has very limited food options. We would have had a much nicer dinner at the main terminal, but it feels good to be through security and in the terminal, so would probably still plan on eating in the terminal in the future.

Soon enough...we were landing in Atlanta and driving home.

Once again, I have to thank you!

Because I have a noon flight, RCCL can't accomodate me on my trip back to MCO. I signed up with Cortrans for this. I am glad it worked for you!

Hi and thanks for the great review! We are on this cruise next month, so your info has been great. One question--how do you hear the movie on the pool deck? I noticed on our VOS cruise that there was no sound. P.S. Love the photos.

Hi and thanks for the great review! We are on this cruise next month, so your info has been great. One question--how do you hear the movie on the pool deck? I noticed on our VOS cruise that there was no sound. P.S. Love the photos.

The sound is turned on. I don't know exactly how the speaker system is set up...there's no problems hearing the movies from the pool loungers.

Looking at the Compasses, we had:

Day 1: Fort Lauderdale Embarkation

8:45 pm San Andreas

10:45 pm Terminator: Genisys

Day 2: CocoCay

5:45 pm San Andreas

8:30 pm Pitch Perfect 2

10:30 Terminator:Genisys

Day 3: Nassau

4:15 pm Inside Out

6:00 pm Inside Out

8:45 Grease

Day 4: Sea Day

6:00 pm San Andreas

8:00 pm Grease

10:00 pm Pitch Perfect 2

12:00 am Pitch Perfect 2

There was one day time movie in the Theater:

2:00 pm Pitch Perfect 2 on Day 3 (Nassau)

The screen would be on during the day...I recall seeing tropical pictures when I walked by and no sound.

No clue if there were any sports broadcast. I didn't spend much time poolside during the day.

This has been a wonderful and informative review! Thank you so much for the time spent pulling this all together! You have me almost convinced to get the drink package and I was leaning away from it prior to your review. We leave on 10/26 for our 1st ever cruise without our now adult kids :eek: (celebrating our 20th anniversary a few months late). Plus we have an aft junior suite w/balcony (7166) and I am beyond excited to finally experience this type of cabin. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!! :D

WOW!! I just sat here tonight and read through the whole review in one sitting. GREAT! and great pictures. Thank you, Thank you. Your approach to a vacation sounds a lot like ours. We have an only child, daughter, who is now 25 and your family dynamics sound exactly like ours used to be. She is now done with college and living & working on the West Coast so no more "threesome" family vacations. We cruised together three or more times a year from when she was about 9 years old. The Disney Magic was my 40th Birthday in 2000 and DD was 10!

We live in NJ and my niece is having a baby shower in Melbourne, Florida on Sunday 11/8 so why not go on a cruise on 11/9??? I have the 4 day Enchantment on a courtesy hold tonight. The panoramic rooms and the balconies are sold out so I have a regular outside booked. We really like Carnival and NCL better than Royal generally (Carnival for the food!!!) but they have nothing that fits our schedule. We were just on the Rhapsody (Enchantment's sister ship) in August and we were a little dissapointed (dull entertainment and very uninspiring food) although we liked the ship and the layout. I was a little skittish but the price is great and we'll be a half hour form Port Canaveral! After reading your review, I think we are going to go forward. Sounds like you had a great time and a little R & R.

Edited by mamagina

Angie...I checked out that cabin you have and OMG...what a balcony!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise with your adult kids! Happy 20th anniversary!

mamagina...thank YOU! I wouldn't hesitate to cruise Enchantment again. Especially with the current crew...especially on a smaller ship like this, it feels like the crew makes a greater impact on the vacation. Everyone we saw on the CD staff was such fun...and it didn't feel forced at all, they are all characters, enjoying the spotlight and having fun themselves, so you can't help but have fun too.

My last two cruises have been on Royal...Celebrity just two weeks before the other Royal cruise. I have to say...Royal's food is my least favorite. Having ordered from these menus before, I felt like I knew how to navigate my way through the options to find the best and be happy...so keep that in mind when you order too! (I don't want you to be disappointed in the food again!)

Otherwise...I know you'll have fun. You recognized our family dynamic...so you must indeed be similar...you will take yourself on this cruise and this cruise will be the foundation for you to build on and have an awesome little vacay. There's a lot to work with on Enchantment for good times.

I hope you both have good weather!!!

Just paid for the cruise!! A deck 2 outside cabin. Although I just snagged one this morning, closer to the middle of the ship.

Thanks again!!! I'll let you know how it goes. We just want to chill and have a little fun. After the last Royal cruise, I said I wouldn't book them again (not that it was bad--just others are better) so now after your review I'm actually looking forward to this!!! :)

Edited by mamagina

Thank you for such a great detailed report. That's what I like. Plus my sis and I will be crusing this ship in Jan. I am excited. I will be wearing my Party in Pink Zumba shirt. I think others who do Zumba will join in if I start the dancing. I sure do believe they will. Thanks again for taking so much time to give the detail and honesty that you did.

• 3 months later...