Grand vs Owner vs Royal Suites (Independence)

So seems like the Grand Suite is the best value. It's about half the price or less of the other two and seems very comfortable size. Has a tub and it's still pretty big. Plus it also has a balcony and all the suite perks. Is there really any reason for two people to upgrade to a bigger suite?

So seems like the Grand Suite is the best value. It's about half the price or less of the other two and seems very comfortable size. Has a tub and it's still pretty big. Plus it also has a balcony and all the suite perks. Is there really any reason for two people to upgrade to a bigger suite?

Nope.

The Owner's Suite has a full size dining table inside the stateroom. It also has a separate shower and bathtub plus a bidet. The separate shower might be a disadvantage because it's not as large a space as when the shower is part of the tub, but it is easier to walk into.

The Owner's Suite also has one potential disadvantage when compared to the Grand Suite, depending on your travel partner and sleeping arrangements.

The Grand Suite has the typical two twin beds that can be put together as one "Royal King" (whatever that means). The Owner's suite has a single queen bed that cannot be separated.

Nope

Had a GS on the Independence, it was more than enough space for the 2 of us. Plus, we prefer a King bed over the Queen size in the OS. Didn't miss a dining room table, we ate on the balcony (or coffee table). 2 chaises, 2 chairs & 1 table on the good sized balcony.

Nope

GS more than enough space for the 2. Plus, we prefer a King bed over the Queen size in the OS. Didn't miss a dining room table, we ate on the balcony (or coffee table). 2 chaises, 2 chairs & 1 table on the good sized balcony.

I Agree!

The Grand Suite is very nice and the King size bed is a definite plus compared to the queen size in the OS. One thing my wife didn't like about the GS tub is it's depth. Short legs might find it difficult to get in and out of the tub. :D

We enjoy the OS separate dining area, and my wife enjoys the separate shower stall. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising!

One thing my wife didn't like about the GS tub is it's depth. Short legs might find it difficult to get in and out of the tub. :D

That tub IS deep!

The stepping up/over & down into the tub/shower could be a problem for anyone physically (or vertically) challenged!

That tub IS deep!

The stepping up/over & down into the tub/shower could be a problem for anyone physically (or vertically) challenged!

Yes! Funny thing is, she said it is harder getting out of it than going in. Other than the tub, the suite is great.

We chose the OS over the GS for our Navigator cruise. There are three of us, so the extra room will be appreciated, but the price was good - I think it was under $600 to go from the GS to the OS.

As for the bed size, I am actually taking a tape measure! From photos, the queen bed in the OS just looks larger than an actual queen.

We have stopped in a OS, which was nice, we have booked the RS for next year. The OS was good with the size and the full size table. We would'nt drop below a GS because of the perks.

I'm with you on the tubs. I'm 6'3" tall and it's a chore getting stepping in and out. I'd rather them just have a large walk-in "luxury" shower instead.

Other than families sailing with small children, I wonder just who wouldn't prefer a large shower instead of a tub.

RUDENEY:

We have also been a party of 3 in a GS and an OS. We have found the OS gives each of us more privacy.

In the GS, the sofa bed is right across from the bed. In the OS, the sofa bed is in a separate area from the bed area.

You chose the right cabin for the 3 of you.

We chose the OS over the GS for our Navigator cruise. There are three of us, so the extra room will be appreciated, but the price was good - I think it was under $600 to go from the GS to the OS.

As for the bed size, I am actually taking a tape measure! From photos, the queen bed in the OS just looks larger than an actual queen.

We stay in an OS all the time, most recently in 1314 on Navigator. We have a king size bed at home and can't tell the difference between it and the one on the ship. We prefer having the separate shower due to wife's psyical limitations. Plus our daughter and her husband sometimes join us and the extra room in the OS is perfect for 4 adults.

RUDENEY:

We have also been a party of 3 in a GS and an OS. We have found the OS gives each of us more privacy.

In the GS, the sofa bed is right across from the bed. In the OS, the sofa bed is in a separate area from the bed area.

You chose the right cabin for the 3 of you.

Thanks! We are really looking forward to it.