Just off Grandeur to bahamas...any questions?

KPookey

I can answer questions too bc I was on the same cruise.

My cabin 7086 was nice with twin beds and a couch for one. The beds were really comfortable and I loved the duvets.

One problem in our room - we had one outlet with two plug ins. Hard to charge three phones and blow dry with only two sockets. Bring a power strip if you need more power.

We had anytime dining and ate at Table 512 with our server Herman and Sofiene.

This time of the year you will find a variety of ages. I am sure you will still find families with kids that have not gone back to school yet. As the weeks progress, you will find fewer kids.

You will find the older group (whatever that is) on longer cruises.

Can you tell us the age range on the Grandeur, I've read its a ship with older people.

We just got off the Grandeur after a great cruise to Bermuda. The passengers ran the gamut from (almost) newborns to senior citizens. I don't know the numbers for demographics but it felt that there were a higher percentage of children on the cruise than most cruises. I also would say that they were well behaved!

This time of the year you will find a variety of ages. I am sure you will still find families with kids that have not gone back to school yet. As the weeks progress, you will find fewer kids.

You will find the older group (whatever that is) on longer cruises.

Age range of 70 n up, about 2 years ago 8 of us were on the ship for a 9 day Bahamas cruise in January 2013, we really enjoyed ourselves and the elders new how to party we wanted to see if more younger kids were sailing, we want to bring some nieces/ grandkids along the next time we sail out of Baltimore. We all range in age from 45-56

• 3 weeks later...
What did you do in the ports?

MAYBE I will get off the ship and walk around...I usually visit one of the bars on board unless there is an excursion that I would be interested in...

Pools Hot tubs etc are never crowded...

I traveled a lot before i retired and the grass is green and the sky is blue EVERYWHERE ... the only difference no matter where you are is that people talk funny

Bottom line is that I go for the ship and honestly could care less where it stops

Bob G

If anyone has a question about Granduer, I can try to answer or offer my opinion. Sailed with family including 9 year old girls.

What cabin were you in? We were offered a cabin on deck 8 but were concerned about noise from above. Thanks.

Rosario strings is a duo of violin and cello. Great to listen to. Soulful band plays modern music and usually 1/2 is jazz. Small dance floor in centrum where you can swing, and a few cha cha and rumba. Limited times. We usually skip main dining room to make sure we are there when they play.

Rosario strings is a duo of violin and cello. Great to listen to. Soulful band plays modern music and usually 1/2 is jazz. Small dance floor in centrum where you can swing, and a few cha cha and rumba. Limited times. We usually skip main dining room to make sure we are there when they play.

We have been on the Enchantment so we know that the Centrum dance floor on the Grandeur is not big, but not real small either.

Did Soulful play in the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge at anytime?

Did they offer dancing before dinner and after? Normally they do, but I know it's been getting less and less on ships lately.

We have the traditional dining at 8;00

Thanks

Hi. I'm looking at a homebound flight from bwi leaving at 10:10am. Ship arrives at 7am. When I went to book a shuttle with cruise line they said earliest flight I can book is 12:30. They mentioned disembarkation procedures for as the reason for such a late flight. Does anyone know if it'd be reasonable to take the 10:10 flight if I just reserved a cab? Tanks for the help