Wifi question about purchasing before you board

Theresa522

Hi guys, this is the first time I purchased wifi and I am unsure how it all works. :confused: We are on the Liberty leaving Saturday and I went online and purchased the unlimited package. My question is, now what? What do I do when I board? Do we have to go to the front desk? Will they give me directions on how to add this to my phone? :eek::D I know this may sound funny to some but OMG this is like learning another language for me. lol

Thanks!!

Hi guys, this is the first time I purchased wifi and I am unsure how it all works. :confused: We are on the Liberty leaving Saturday and I went online and purchased the unlimited package. My question is, now what? What do I do when I board? Do we have to go to the front desk? Will they give me directions on how to add this to my phone? :eek::D I know this may sound funny to some but OMG this is like learning another language for me. lol

Thanks!!

Connect to the Royal WiFi wireless, go to any website, and you will be directed to the sign-up page.

But how do you know your login information?

I could be remembering this totally wrong, but I think I had to enter my folio number and then set up a user name and password when I first logged on. But it's been a year so don't hold me to that! :D

Theresa522, it looks like you are Diamond. I will most likely purchase the wifi on our cruise this weekend but I always wait until I'm onboard to get the Diamond discount. Did you get it when you purchased online?

Thanks!!

PS>Your folio number will be on the front of your sea pass card.:cool:

You may not have to do this any longer, but several times I've had to go to the 'wifi lounge' to perform the sign up. Afterward I could use my login anywhere I had a signal.

Since Royal has instituted the unlimited wireless plans, there's no longer any need to use one of the ship's computers to sign up.

Okay here I go again :eek: what is a folio number?

It would be less confusing if after purchasing a WiFi package, Royal's website would display a short summary of what to expect with regard to signing up once onboard.

Yes,to any future cruisers who read this thread,wait until you get on board to get the crown and anchor discount for your level. You will not get this when buying online...It can be pretty significant amount depending on your level.I believe even at the lowest it is ten percent.To the op,judging by the number of cruises you have it wouldve been significant rate deduction.I almost bought it myself and then learned about the discount not being applied online.

Edited by rtazz17

It would be less confusing if after purchasing a WiFi package, Royal's website would display a short summary of what to expect with regard to signing up once onboard.
Yes you are correct in saying that!! I thought maybe I would get an email with what to do once we get on board, but nothing :rolleyes:

Yes,to any future cruisers who read this thread,wait until you get on board to get the crown and anchor discount for your level. You will not get this when buying online...It can be pretty significant amount depending on your level.I believe even at the lowest it is ten percent.To the op,judging by the number of cruises you have it wouldve been significant rate deduction.I almost bought it myself and then learned about the discount not being applied online.

I wish I would have known this before purchasing but someone else told me that maybe if I go to the front desk they will honor the discount anyway :confused: It's worth a shot, if not, oh well live and learn.

I have a question about Wifi packages, can you just buy it for select days, or do you have to buy it for your entire cruise?

You can buy it for select 24 hour periods, however the cost per day will be higher than if you bought for the entire cruise. Sometimes they have deals towards the end of the cruise.

I have a question about Wifi packages, can you just buy it for select days, or do you have to buy it for your entire cruise?

You can buy it for select 24 hour periods, however the cost per day will be higher than if you bought for the entire cruise. Sometimes they have deals towards the end of the cruise.

What if you just wait until the first full day to buy an internet package? Our cruise is 8 nights. I see that if I buy a package on line in advance it's $160.00 ($20.00 X 8). I only need to check email once a day and can do that on my phone the morning of the day we board so wouldn't need internet that day. Would it still be $20.00 per day if I waited until the next day? I would then buy it for the rest of the cruise. If so, I could save myself $20.00.

You maybe be able to cancel your purchase on-line and do it when you get on board. I have bought a drink package before on-line and was able to cancel it later (realized I had a ridiculous amount of on-board credit that needed to be spent after boarding). If you can't cancel on-line call C&A they make able to help you out.

What if you just wait until the first full day to buy an internet package? Our cruise is 8 nights. I see that if I buy a package on line in advance it's $160.00 ($20.00 X 8). I only need to check email once a day and can do that on my phone the morning of the day we board so wouldn't need internet that day. Would it still be $20.00 per day if I waited until the next day? I would then buy it for the rest of the cruise. If so, I could save myself $20.00.

Have bought it on-board on second day of a 7 day (May 2014) the package was for 7 days and not pro-rated so my expiration of the package was after our disembarkation. It was cheaper though than buying the 24 hour blocks, so I did it anyhow.

It might vary by ship, but I suspect you could still get the $20 per day price if you buy on the second day of an 8 day cruise.

Thanks!!

It looks like you're on the 5-night Liberty Bermuda cruise. It also looks like you are both Diamond. You may be better off purchasing onboard and using your Diamond discounts on their one device plan. I believe it is a $39.95 discount each. You can still use multiple devices, just not simultaneously. A bit of judicious juggling on what days you use the coupons, and you can just about cover the cruise without any out-of-pocket cost.

We had the Wi-Fi package on Navigator two weeks ago. There was a letter in our room with the log in information when we arrived.

How was the wifi on Navigator? We had it on both of our Allure cruises and it was very reliable and the speed was good. Was it the same on Navigator?