Cruise Payment Question

kpytoi9

I booked a cruise through a travel agent, gave the deposit. When it came time for final payment, I told my travel agent to apply it to the same card. She confirmed she did and sent me a confirmation from RCCL that it was paid. However, we are about 3 weeks after final payment date and my card has not been charged.

I reached out to RCCL to confirm they received payment but they wont tell me since I booked through a travel agent.

I just want to make sure they dont cancel my cruise....

I reached out to the travel agent and she tells me that its RCCL who is slow in charging my card....I dont really buy it, but at the same time dont really have other options.

It would of been charged already. Once you book with a TA you cannot contact RCCL directly it has to be through your TA.

I reached out to the travel agent and she tells me that its RCCL who is slow in charging my card....I dont really buy it, but at the same time dont really have other options.

Totally not true. They charge your card immediately.

I'd ask the TA for a paid in full confirmation fro Royal Caribbean

I booked a cruise through a travel agent, gave the deposit. When it came time for final payment, I told my travel agent to apply it to the same card. She confirmed she did and sent me a confirmation from RCCL that it was paid. However, we are about 3 weeks after final payment date and my card has not been charged.

I reached out to RCCL to confirm they received payment but they wont tell me since I booked through a travel agent.

I just want to make sure they dont cancel my cruise....

If you have a written confirmation from RCCL, you should be fine.

Have you made enquiries with your financial institute? A few months ago I had charges for a couple of flights that appeared, then disappeared and finally reappeared a couple of weeks later. If you are saying you haven't been charged based on your online account, you might want to talk to somebody to see if there's any issue at that end.

When I call our TA to run the final payment of any payment toward our cruise, she calls it into the cruise line that same day, then within the week I receive a statement showing all payments. Not sure what your mean by 6 minutes. The PO isn't that fast in mailing letters. I call our TA to authorize her to make the payment. She in turn calls the cruise line to authorize them to charge any payment to the credit card and this is done that day. I check my credit card to see when it has been charged to my CC.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

When I call our TA to run the final payment of any payment toward our cruise, she calls it into the cruise line that same day, then within the week I receive a statement showing all payments. Not sure what your mean by 6 minutes.

In today's always connected online world people forget that there's such a thing as a paper statement. The charge and online confirmation may happen in 6 minutes, but a paper statement does in fact take several days to arrive.:cool:

I am sure she could attach it to an email, but prefers to send to her customers the paper statement, as I am sure not all have a computer. She would be more then happy to get our luggage tags but knows I like to print them out and it frees her up to take care of those that need her assistance. In fact I could just as easily book directly, but have been with her since 2002, she is reliable, honest, so if I am going to work with her office or the cruise line, then I prefer to work with her. I can reach her on the weekends and if I need something will work with her or an associate.:)

When I call our TA to run the final payment of any payment toward our cruise, she calls it into the cruise line that same day, then within the week I receive a statement showing all payments. Not sure what your mean by 6 minutes. The PO isn't that fast in mailing letters. I call our TA to authorize her to make the payment. She in turn calls the cruise line to authorize them to charge any payment to the credit card and this is done that day. I check my credit card to see when it has been charged to my CC.

I was talking about getting an updated invoice in a matter of minutes.....in an email...sorry,just assumed everyone uses email these days...

PH8, NP, she will email me on most matters or call me, but for the statements, she mails those out to her customers.:) If she attached to her emails that would be fine with me but perhaps she prefers not to email to some and send in the mail to those not having a computer so mails them all.

your agent can go directly into the Royals agent portal and have a confirmation of payment sent directly to your email address immediately. Just ask her to do that. Credit cards are always charged immediately. Could this be a group cruise your TA has?

No we have our own Reserv. # She emails me cruise information all the time. She is a small local Company but it is nation wide, but naturally can't mention her business name here. I was referred to her by friends who used her for their cruises.

In today's always connected online world people forget that there's such a thing as a paper statement. The charge and online confirmation may happen in 6 minutes, but a paper statement does in fact take several days to arrive.:cool:

I haven't received a paper statement in 20 years