5 Water Slides on Liberty of The Seas

Royal Caribbean will have 5 Water Slides on the new refurbish Liberty of the Seas. I hope all of the Freedom ships receive this make over.:D

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1199/royal-caribbeans-liberty-of-the-seasgets-a-texas-sized-makeover/

wow, i just saw that on FB, pretty cool

wow, i just saw that on FB, pretty cool

I must be the only person who doesn't like what they are doing to Liberty. They're taking a sleek ship and turning it to a carnivalesque cruise ship. What's next, pepto wall paper? I just got off Liberty two weeks ago and (although I caught a cold in Bermuda) I loved the cruise and the ship. As much as I love the Freedom class ships (especially Freedom) if they are going to make these changes too all the ships, I'll probably start looking at another cruise line that's less a carnival and more of a cruise ship. I know, instead of jumping ship (pardon the pun) I'll probably just stay with the smaller ships. Stop it Royal, you're killing me.:(

Just my opinion.

Edited by onyourtoes

I must be the only person who doesn't like what they are doing to Liberty. They're taking a sleek ship and turning it to a carnivalesque cruise ship. What's next, pepto wall paper? I just got off Liberty two weeks ago and (although I caught a cold in Bermuda) I loved the cruise and the ship. As much as I love the Freedom class ships (especially Freedom) if they are going to make these changes too all the ships, I'll probably start looking at another cruise line that's less a carnival and more of a cruise ship. I know, instead of jumping ship (pardon the pun) I'll probably just stay with the smaller ships. Stop it Royal, you're killing me.:(

Just my opinion.

I'm with you..we're DINKS, mid early/mid 30's. The jungle gym/waterpark at sea craze is of zero interest to us. I can't wrap my mind around there being that much demand for a waterslide?? We are new to cruising with only one cruise on Liberty so far and a trip on NCL Escape this winter. After our next cruise if we decide cruising is still for us, we will definietly look towards Celebrity and Princess. My concern with those two is that we will go too far on the other end of the spectrum and be bored. Decisions, decisions!

I'm with you..we're DINKS, mid early/mid 30's. The jungle gym/waterpark at sea craze is of zero interest to us. I can't wrap my mind around there being that much demand for a waterslide??

There only has to be demand for a water-slide greater than demand for a golfcourse at sea.

My personal opinion is that RCCL ought to give each ship it's own character. I don't want ALL the ships to have any 1 attraction. I want every ship to have a mixture. This is common sense from an economics POV. Every ship you have with the same attractions, whether they be air-jet-pseudo-skydive-machines or water slides, or 4d movies, or 4am nightclubs+DJs, or anything else dilutes the dollar value of their own previous investments.

We are new to cruising with only one cruise on Liberty so far and a trip on NCL Escape this winter. After our next cruise if we decide cruising is still for us, we will definitely look towards Celebrity and Princess. My concern with those two is that we will go too far on the other end of the spectrum and be bored. Decisions, decisions!

I really don't see how installing water slides on one ship, or even half a dozen ships (or even all their ships) makes RCCL a no-go. You should go with the company that has the features you do want (the best shows, the best atmosphere, the best reading nooks, the best food, the least prone to up-charges and hidden fees, whatever you want). Whether the ship has features that you don't care about (like a waterslide) in addition to those features should be completely and totally irrelevant. When I was aboard the allure I never even saw the flow-rider deck. To this day, I have no idea where it is. Are you just REAALLY into mini golf, or what? Its probably one of the least utilized attractions on-board, you know. Just hang out on the pool deck or the sun deck and let the kids have fun at the water-park.

Edited by Diplomacy

I have only been on the oasis class but I can say from experience that the Mini Golf is a complete waste of real estate on the ship. It's a very poorly done course and hardly anyone even uses it. I always thought it would make more sense to put an extra pool instead.

As much as I like the idea of mini-golf on a cruise ship, I never found a course on a Royal Caribbean ship that I thought was very entertaining. If the one on Liberty of the Seas doesn't survive the renovations, I wouldn't be upset.

I hadn't thought too much about cruise ship mini-golf until I sailed on Norwegian Getaway last year. She had a really well designed course that was both appealing to the eye and fun.

Just my opinion.

I'm with you, not excited at all by the prospect of slides. I love my simple pool decks, pools and loungers work for me

I have only been on the oasis class but I can say from experience that the Mini Golf is a complete waste of real estate on the ship. It's a very poorly done course and hardly anyone even uses it. I always thought it would make more sense to put an extra pool instead.

This I agree with. The mini-golf courses are very sub-par. (:cool:)

I will never understand RCCL's design choices when it comes to things that add value vs things that do not.

Spend a billion dollars on 1 ship? yup.

Real guac in the revenue generating cover-charge mexican restauraunt? ha, ha, ha, what an adorable mind you have.

Spend 100m per ship on artwork to hang at the end of the hallways? no-brainer.

Making your miniature golf-course 3 dimensional? Don't even joke about something like that!

etc.

Edited by Diplomacy