Diamond benefits

cavydad

Why do some ships treat Diamonds as special cruisers and others do not?

We depart from the Jewel of the Seas tomorrow and we're told that only Diamond Plus and Platinum receive priority departure.

I asked at the desk and was told to keep cruising and someday I would be Diamond Plus.

Have the Diamond benefits been changed?

We were assigned group 25.

Certain things do vary by ship. Some ships still have a Diamond breakfast area in the MDR, some don't. When we were on Oasis, I don't remember seeing a priority departure for D+.

In response to your post, I cannot imagine they are giving D+ and Platinum priority and not Diamond. Is it possible you meant D+ and Pinnacle?

Here are the current benefits:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Edited by clarea

Just off the Oasis and came across the same situation. We had not cruised RC for 3-years prior to this sailing and we were expecting priority departure as stated in the member benefits. When we mentioned this to the Diamond concierge, we were told that was no longer the case.

I did mention the above in our post cruise survey.

What I did notice is that suite guests (and there were many) did receive priority departure. Not sure how that was detected since they went through too fast to be checked. This info was supplied by the staff after the couple in front of us finally went and asked why we were waiting so long. We stood and waited for about 45 minutes, while watching wave, after wave of suite guests going ahead of us. Why they called us so early, I'm not sure. :(

Recently my parents had a special luncheon with ship's officers. They were only Diamond.

Why this special perk? On their cruise on the Legend of the Seas out of Singapore, there were only 10 Diamond members, 2 Diamond Plus and 2 Pinnacle members on board! We figured that the loyalty manager would have plenty of budget to splash on so few C&A Diamond and above members.

Needless to say, the D-Lounge was wonderful too. Never crowded.

Recently my parents had a special luncheon with ship's officers. They were only Diamond.

Why this special perk? On their cruise on the Legend of the Seas out of Singapore, there were only 10 Diamond members, 2 Diamond Plus and 2 Pinnacle members on board! We figured that the loyalty manager would have plenty of budget to splash on so few C&A Diamond and above members.

Needless to say, the D-Lounge was wonderful too. Never crowded.

Oh that must have been a memorable cruise with so few top tier cruisers. I bet they felt special. I have been told that there are Pinnacle cruisers that pre check the lists to determine whether or not they are the top cruiser so enabling them to get their bottle of plonk presented at the top tier get together.🎉😂

It may depend on how many there are. In Australia diamond is still rare with far more gold and platinum around. At top tier last cruise there was only abt 40 of us. But in the US where RC has been around longer i expect that level is more common.

I'm Diamond and just got off Jewel 2 weeks ago at #6.

OP,

We are also Diamond and were on the same Jewel cruise. We had a high number luggage tag and exchanged it at Guest Services for #4, no problem. The clerk even asked me what number I needed and I didn't even mention that I was Diamond. I have exchanged tags in the past at all different loyalty levels, when I was concerned about getting off in time for my flights.

We depart from the Jewel of the Seas tomorrow and we're told that only Diamond Plus and Platinum receive priority departure.

I asked at the desk and was told to keep cruising and someday I would be Diamond Plus.

in cases like this it is likely the capability of the terminal to handle x number of bodies at a a time.

Also I know on the cruses that we have been on that have LARGE numbers of Diamonds on board their overall ability to offer certain perks is greatly diminished.

What is the Diamond internet discount these days please?

Can it still be used against 1 hour of internet?

The Diamond discount is $30 for a packge or one 24 hour period of unlimited. I don't believe there are packages for "minutes" anymore. The minimum you can buy is 24 hours of unlimited. However, I've seen some reports of 30 minutes (continuous) being sold for $10 on the last day for checking into flights.

Your stateroom attendant can get you any number luggage tag you need. We have changed ours for earlier numbers on several cruisers - it was a non-issue.
Agree, we always has the Diamond Lounge Concierge or Stateroom attendant and was provided new tags.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Oh that must have been a memorable cruise with so few top tier cruisers. I bet they felt special. I have been told that there are Pinnacle cruisers that pre check the lists to determine whether or not they are the top cruiser so enabling them to get their bottle of plonk presented at the top tier get together.

What would they pre-check?

There would be no way to check any list pre-cruise. The top cruiser, and often the top three cruisers, are notified by the loyalty ambassador to make sure they will be at the top tier party for any kind of recognition. The top-tier cruiser is recognized with a bottle of something, and sometimes the top three are recognized with a bottle.

The top cruiser numbers, and generally the top three, are announced at the party anyway.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

What would they pre-check?

There would be no way to check any list pre-cruise. The top cruiser, and often the top three cruisers, are notified by the loyalty ambassador to make sure they will be at the top tier party for any kind of recognition. The top-tier cruiser is recognized with a bottle of something, and sometimes the top three are recognized with a bottle.

The top cruiser numbers, and generally the top three, are announced at the party anyway.

Enjoy

M

On our last cruise we went to the party found a table and had a seat. My wife just happened to notice our name on one of the reserved tables up front. We had no idea that we were the 3rd top cruisers and weren't notified by anyone. We don't always go to the party and if we hadn't we wouldn't have known.

We were on jewel recently and got group 2 since we were using express departures I sold them for $10 each to our next door neighbors who had group 20. I used the money to pay off my bar bill. We were platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were on jewel recently and got group 2 since we were using express departures I sold them for $10 each to our next door neighbors who had group 20. I used the money to pay off my bar bill. We were platinum.

Just kidding, we actually gave them away but I wanted to raise a few eyebrows. As others have said just ask for lower numbers if needed. :-)

Mike

The Diamond discount is $30 for a packge or one 24 hour period of unlimited. I don't believe there are packages for "minutes" anymore. The minimum you can buy is 24 hours of unlimited. However, I've seen some reports of 30 minutes (continuous) being sold for $10 on the last day for checking into flights.

Bob on Jewel it was $40, I think it has gone up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Bob on Jewel it was $40, I think it has gone up.

Thanks Bill.

Marc just posted today about D+ getting an $80 discount, so it looks like D now gets $40 and D+ gets $80.

Edited by clarea