Binocular Reviews

donaldsc

Latest 2016 Audubon Society binocular review roundup -

http://www.audubon.org/gear/binocular-guide?ms=digital-eng-email-ea-newsletter-20161216_dec_wingspan&utm_source=ea&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20161216_dec_wingspan&emci=8fab2285-f4c2-e611-80c3-000d3a130d1d&emdi=e21c94b8-a8c3-e611-80c3-000d3a130d1d&fn=&ln=&em=donald.schoengold41%40gmail.com&add1=&ci=&st=&pc=&p=&hp=

Maybe we can avoid yet another "what binoculars should I buy" thread although this is unlikely. We bought these - Eagle Optics Golden Eagle HD 8x42Eagle Optics Golden Eagle HD 8x42 - at $200 off list on a man ufacturer refurb and we are happy w them.

DON

• 2 months later...

I have the Swarovski CL 8x30. For wider FOV I have the Swarovski SLC 8x42.

I use this for each Swarovski BSP bino suspender pro binocular strap harness.

Either bino Significant clarity and picks up details that will impress.

The CL can be adjusted for depth of field, the SLC you set once and lock in.

A newer version if the SLC is coming out where they made modifications to the objective lens caps and some other changes.

Prior to Swarvoski I ran the gamut from Nikin, Vortex and other well know brands. They were good enough but once I got the Swaro's my viewing pleasure entered a new realm !

I have the Swarovski CL 8x30. For wider FOV I have the Swarovski SLC 8x42.I use this for each Swarovski BSP bino suspender pro binocular strap harness.

Either bino Significant clarity and picks up details that will impress.

The CL can be adjusted for depth of field, the SLC you set once and lock in.

A newer version if the SLC is coming out where they made modifications to the objective lens caps and some other changes.

Prior to Swarvoski I ran the gamut from Nikin, Vortex and other well know brands. They were good enough but once I got the Swaro's my viewing pleasure entered a new realm !

That is the problem with looking through really good but expensive optics. You find that they are worth the money but in my case my wife would probably divorce me if I bought them - LOL!!

DON

I save up in cash so the purchase never showed up on a credit card bill. The dealer also thre in aSwaro hat, lens cleaning kit

My problem is that my wife is smart enough that she would recognize new stuff and then ask me why there was no charge bill. On the other hand, she is smart enough (smarter than me) to be very good at managing our money. I guess that I should not complain.

DON

My problem is that my wife is smart enough that she would recognize new stuff and then ask me why there was no charge bill. On the other hand, she is smart enough (smarter than me) to be very good at managing our money. I guess that I should not complain.

DON

Well, not my wife, thank goodness:hearteyes:;p i have so much hunting, camping stuff etc she just does not notice the pile growning.

I just got a Yeti thermos today and will pick up a Yeti Two 20 Hopper next month when they hit the stores. I have lots of Yeti Stuff, what is one more?:eek:;p:')