Personal music and chair hogs

pretzellover

Why do people think everyone wants to party to their music? I am on a cruise and the only dents in my time are not getting a chair and people blasting their music over the ship music. Why not use headphones? Just because you and your friends want a certain type of music, not everyone does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am tempted to blast some Queensryche, which I like, and see how they feel. One group was blasting Motown and another blasting pop. The adult aft pool plays 70s and 80s top 40. I am okay with that but not all three!

Edited by pretzellover

Why do people think everyone wants to party to their music? I am on a cruise and the only dents in my time are not getting a chair and people blasting their music over the ship music. Why not use headphones? Just because you and your friends want a certain type of music, not everyone does.

Find a security person and inform him/her of the music. If none are around, call Guest Services on a house phone.

Had a group of girls pull this in the gym on our last cruise. We were in port so staff was hard to come by. They marched in, actually turned off the carnival stereo, and played (no joke) old Britney Spears songs from their radio while they worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Find a security person and inform him/her of the music. If none are around, call Guest Services on a house phone.

now you've done it....

Now we will hear from the tattletale police that say if you report someone for something that bothers you, you are a tattletale... :rolleyes:

(for the record... I agree with you... NOW RUNNNNNNNN)

You are correct.

Its nice at you came home to tell everyone about this on CC.

Now tell us what steps you took to help get this concern alleviated while you were on board the ship?

Of course MY playlist is the perfect one. It ranges from Patsy Cline, and Willy Nelson singing the Gershwin Songbooks, up through Barbara Streisand to Il Volo and Andrea Bocelli, with some Michael Ball thrown in for good measure.

Edited by Treven

Those who play it on a balcony are really offensive. Especially rap. Yuck.

If I ever heard someone loudly blasting music on their balcony, interrupting the peace of my balcony, I'd be on the phone to security.

Inconsiderate noisemakers are about the most annoying people.

Carnival stereo? I workout with earbuds like everyone else. If I remember the gyms are pretty quiet other then the running on the treadmill noise.

The gyms all have a case that contains a stereo system. It's not always on, depending on the ship and who is working. Triumph always had it on, Paradise about half the time only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When my kids were little and I needed a mental break from job, kids, life I would put on elevator music in the car. If the kids calmed down and behaved then the music changed. If not it got louder. If they were foolhardy enough to complain.... well, not my fault the radio broke on that channel. You could actually hear the groans from my kids when their friends would comment. Being a parent can be so fun.

Its nice at you came home to tell everyone about this on CC.

Now tell us what steps you took to help get this concern alleviated while you were on board the ship?

Did you read the original post? This person is currently on a ship.

OP : Sorry that is happening. By all means, report it to security or pick up a house phone and contact guest services.

Did you read the original post? This person is currently on a ship.

OP : Sorry that is happening. By all means, report it to security or pick up a house phone and contact guest services.

Thank you for so politely bring that to my attention.

No, I had missed that part about OP currently being on the ship.

Gosh, makes me want to bring my bluetooth speaker and blast back some good old bluegrass. I hate rap but I like old Motown.

I have a whole bunch of music that I can use in response that will bother everyone - gregorian chants, Guy Lombard but this might turn the old folks on, a whole bunch of neat sound effect records and other stuff like that.

How about 12 hours of squeaky chalk on blackboard sound effects - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aWKrqlO9YI.

Or else a combination of shalk sounds and a cat fight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3818282289&feature=iv&src_vid=9aWKrqlO9YI&v=1j8CXF1Prl0#t=23s.

I am sure that among us we can come up with some more really annoying sounds.

The problem would be that I would have to put my really good ear plugs on so that I could not hear my own sounds.

LOL but maybe not.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I have not had that happen (yet). MUTs is loud enough.

But another peeve that I have is people on the plane who give their kid or themselves a video game to play or movie to watch and don't give them or the kid head phones. On the ship I can move away, but on the plane I am captive! Makes me want to kick that person!