Tilbury - train or ferry?

sjpo

On my search for the best way to get to the Cruise Terminal in Tilbury I came across a possible route via the Gravesend ferry so decided to ask, on your experience, if, coming from the Bloomsbury area, would be easier to make my way to the London International Cruise Terminal with train (Fenchurch Street) and then bus (either the shuttle to the ferry or else)/ taxi or via train to Gravesend and then ferry across. Thanks!

I am planning the ferry for my cruise (with another line). I will be very dependant on the ferry running. On there web site there is a number you can ring on the day to check. Some departure from Gravesend go from a different pier. I have a backup plan if the ferry does not work. A taxi from Gravesend to Tilbury via Dartford.

If you do the ferry, please I would be interested to know how it goes.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for that. I have looked at it and I am just not entirely sure I would like to do the walk from the station (Gravesend) to the ferry with luggage (have been told already that taxis would not take me that short distance) but it remains an option (the distance from Tilbury Town to the cruise terminal is even longer).

Discussed the dartford option you mentioned in another forum and apparently traffic can be a problem there sometimes.

If I do the ferry will let you know :-)