Balmoral - Caribbean & New Orleans - 4.2.2017

Hi, yes we're on it too - can't wait. We booked onboard a Canaries cruise last January, so over a year before sailing. Even that early, all balcony cabins were already booked. We did keep an eye out for cancellations and managed to get one about a month ago.

Looking at their website, I think there are about 10 outside cabins available (I'm not sure about inside), and one or two suites - still no balconies. So, it does look pretty full.

It won't seem far off once Christmas and New Year are finished. It'll be strange digging out all those summer clothes, although a few destinations might need a jumper or two. Just hoping for a relatively smooth February Atlantic crossing!

BTW, these is a post from a newbie to FO (but regular cruiser) just down from the post - they're also on this cruise. Roll on 4 February!

Just a word of warning about New Orleans, if that is your first stop in the US. I have read numerous complaints from other cruisers that they have queued for half a day to get through US immigration here and lost all that time. The answer seems to be to book an excursion for that first morning, since then you jump the queue!

Just a word of warning about New Orleans, if that is your first stop in the US. I have read numerous complaints from other cruisers that they have queued for half a day to get through US immigration here and lost all that time. The answer seems to be to book an excursion for that first morning, since then you jump the queue!

Thanks. There is a day at sea in transit to New Orleans - our first USA stop. Maybe US immigration will come aboard then.

Wft

We are also on this cruise.

I did a roll call for this cruise some months ago in the Roll Call section, this is the third roll call

We did a New Orleans cruise with P&O earlier this year in April and New Orleans was our first U.S port of call. All of the ships crew had to go through customs, even my dad (who is his 83) who never gets off the ship had to go through customs. It didn't take very long, we wasn't in any rush, we had to get a number from the reception and wait for our number to be called, we got of the ship about 10am and had my dad was back onboard by 11am.

Just like Mummy48 roll on the 3rd as we are stopping overnight in Southampton, we can't wait

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by zib_zib

Just a list of the ships that we will be meeting up with on our jollies 9c6a3c7ffbd9817c19288054f2990a0c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Celebrity Equinox is in New Orleans From the 26th of February. So it will only be us that as to go through immigration on the 27th

Edited by zib_zib