First cruise

Panthro

I'll be taking my first cruise in May on Royal Caribbean majesty of the seas 4 day Bahamas cruise are power strips allowed if not are they returned to you when you get back? I'm going to Disney first so I need my power strip for Disney. Any tips for a first timer would be appreciated and what to do in Nassau that's cheaper 200 bucks to swim with dolphins isn't in my budget any help is appreciated thank you.

In Nassau, you could go to The Blue Lagoon - they have a boat that will pick you up at the dock:

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com

Alternatively, walk off the ship, exit the port, turn right and walk along until you reach Junkanoo Beach - which is free - although you may pay to rent a chair and umbrella and for drinks, etc.

Besides the above options, just outside of the port, there are plenty of shops and the Straw Market is about 2 blocks away. You can just walk around if you want.

Most ships don't allow power strips. I'm not even sure why you would need one at Disney as the hotel rooms have plenty of power outlets. I think RCCL will probably return the power strip if they confiscate it but we've never brought one, so I can't be sure.

To add to the PP, we have not needed a power bar at WDW either, even with all of our electronics. Our rooms there have always had sufficient outlets.

However, if you really feel you need more, I would suggest looking for a multi outlet unit WITHOUT a built in surge protector. You can find them at most electronics stores, or on AMAZON. The one we have has spots for both regular prongs and USB.

Never had a need for a power strip (or multiple outlet tap) but definitely don't include any surge protection since that can be a fire hazard for ship wiring. We've found the standard 110v outlet plus the 220v are sufficient for all the items we need to charge. Anything with a AC/DC transformer for electronics will work fine on the 220v so we just bring a 2- round pin to flat blade pug adapter. Also handy to bring is a USB 4-tap splitter.

In the past, we've done a walking tour of Nassau, visiting the Queen stairs, the Straw market and the shops. There are a few other notable spots you'll see, but right now, I'm drawing a blank remembering what they are. You'll pas a school, churches, some of the Government buildings too. You can get a map as you get off the ship at the pier.