Can an 11 and a half year old get in to the 12 year old club?

CookingUpChocolate

When we cruised during a busy time like summer or Christmas when schools out they wouldn't let us move the kids out of their groups. They said the groups were at capacity and moving them wasn't an option. But during off season times they sometimes let us move the kids. Our daughters are 19 months apart and like to be together but their ages are just far enough apart to put them in different groups every time.

Hi, so I have someone who is 11 and a half, and they don't want to get stuck in the 11 year old club, they want to go to the 12 year old one with the only other friend that they have on board that is 12. Do you think that they could get in?

Depends on cruise line. Some, like NCL, are very strict about ages. Others might not be.

We were on RC last year and my son was 11 1/2. We went up that first night, ready to plead our case about letting him into the 12-14 age group. He already had his name highlighted (along with other kids I assume were boarderline) and handed us a form to sign. It basically said we knew we were putting him in a group that is often unsupervised and they had a one strike your out policy. He really enjoyed making friends all the activities and having the freedom that group offered. I was so glad we decided to ask about the older group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums