Shopping for "knock-off" purses

broadwayshopaholic

How funny that you would ask about the knock off purses. I was in NYC just last week and I obsessed over the fake purses. I never even knew about this bizzare culture . First I did the little hidden "closets" in China town then I met the garbage bag man all over the place. It was fascinating. I ended up with three purses and I did not want any. When I returned home I started researching this on the web.

I was in Costa Maya a couple of weeks ago and I did not shop at the pier but I did shop in Majahual. I did not see any. Have fun

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Would there be a place in Costa Maya to find stuff like this? ...I'm also stopping in Freeport, Bahamas and Grand Cayman.

Thanks!

To my knowledge none of those stops has the merchandise you are looking for. I was in GC most recent of the ports you asked about & they did not have them. I had a friend in Freeport & CM recently & could not find them at either place.

Nassau, Belize, ST. Thomas & Aruba all have them. I hope that helps to answer the question you originally were trying to find an answer to.

Thanks for your help! Belize it is!! We just donated to Make A Wish, so I'm covered;) Seriously, my daugher and I cannot wait!! She got the cutest Kate Spade in NYC last year, and she got me a Prada one for Christmas. She paid around $30-40, so the price sounds right. Does anyone know where in Belize I need to go?

Thank you so much for your help. We go in November, so I might contact you closer to that date - I appreciate all your info and advice.

Julie

Julie: I will be in Belize near the end of August. My e-mail is beachfloyd@aol.com if you want to e-mail me for the scoop & avoid all the replies on the board. Just put something about it in the subject so I will remember & won't think it's a spam e-mail.

Would there be a place in Costa Maya to find stuff like this? ...I'm also stopping in Freeport, Bahamas and Grand Cayman.

Thanks!

Yes, they have knockoffs. I saw Coach bags for around $60. We weren't looking for that type of stuff though, so I don't know how much they had or what other brands they carried.

I have been told by two friends who recently were in Costa Maya that they do not have them there. The strawmarket in Nassau is the best place. It's right where the ship docks. Biggest & best selections of any places I have been. Be ready to barter. I usually go through & try to find all the one's I'm looking for at one stop. Then they will barter better. If you get a lot (I came back with 13 once) just stragically place them throughout your luggage.

Archived