When is 'final payment' due

CanadaJulie

Odd question I know... When I booked, I'm sure my TA told me but I opted to just pay for the whole thing at once since the CAN/USD$ conversion was so good.

Now I am wondering - when exactly is 'final payment'. It's a 7 day cruise is that makes a difference. How many days before: 90 ? 75 ?

My thinkinng is because we booked ES, there might be more changes *after* final payment so I'll keep a better eye on it around then. I has gone up, up, up since we booked...

I'm not sure about the US/Canadian exchange rate, however, last year we waited until the last possible moment to pay the balance due b/c as it turned out, our credit card company runs a special in January/Feb that gives you 5% cash back rather than the standard 1% cash back. So with our family of 4, it was not a huge discount, but a nice discount.

Early Saver, you can apply for On Board Credit up to 2 business days prior to sailing (Thursday for Sunday depart and Wednesday for Saturday Depart), Saturday and Sunday do not count as days.

If you did not pay in full, there would be a final payment adjustment, but seeing how you paid in full, OBC.

One thing you need to pay attention to, is to make sure your specific cabin is available at the lower rate. Take a screen shot for evidence, and do not be surprised if you are denied (twice for me already, one time, our cabin type was not cheaper, and second, I was told the pack and go promotion was not compatible with the Early Saver promotion which is BS as the Policy does not state anything to that effect).

Long and short, paying in full should not be an issue as you will get OBC, but qualifying for a lower price may be.

Lots of words but very little help... :( except for SueG.

We paid our December cruise off early, but I also want to watch for rate swings about when final payment is due.

Like yours, OP, it's also a 7-day, and we sail December 12.

I *think* my PVP said it was due the end of September, which would be spot on with SueG's answer.

Hey Canada Julie.. I paid ours off early for the same reason.The US exchange was swinging in our favor so I paid it off. Yes It is about 75 days prior to sailing. I learned from my fellow CCr's that even though I am paid in full that I will get the ES guarantee in the form of a Credit card credit up and until the final payment that ( for us is Dec6) . Then after that it would be and OBC.

keep checking to see if there is price drops( I do it obsessively) and keep sending in forms when it drops right up until 2 days before you leave...

Bon chance mon amie

Odd question I know... When I booked, I'm sure my TA told me but I opted to just pay for the whole thing at once since the CAN/USD$ conversion was so good.

Now I am wondering - when exactly is 'final payment'. It's a 7 day cruise is that makes a difference. How many days before: 90 ? 75 ?

My thinkinng is because we booked ES, there might be more changes *after* final payment so I'll keep a better eye on it around then. I has gone up, up, up since we booked...

I'm sailing 11/13/10 and my final payment was due 8/30/10. So probably about two and a half months before sailing. So far no price drops for me, but I'm with you, I'll be on the lookout up until 2 days before sailing!:D

One thing you need to pay attention to, is to make sure your specific cabin is available at the lower rate. Take a screen shot for evidence, and do not be surprised if you are denied (twice for me already, one time, our cabin type was not cheaper, and second, I was told the pack and go promotion was not compatible with the Early Saver promotion which is BS as the Policy does not state anything to that effect).

The ES Terms & conditions clearly state that ES Price match has to be for the same Category; The Pack-and-Go Guarantee bookings are Guarantee Categories IS, OV, BL and ST - which are different Categories than you book for ES and the other Promo Rates, therefore not applicable for ES Price Matching.

As mentioned in other threads, there is a different method of price-matching ES to Guarantee Rates - if the rate for the Guarantee Category above your ES Category drops below your ES Rate then you can give up your assigned cabin for the higher Category TBA cabin and get the price difference.

ken

The ES Terms & conditions clearly state that ES Price match has to be for the same Category; The Pack-and-Go Guarantee bookings are Guarantee Categories IS, OV, BL and ST - which are different Categories than you book for ES and the other Promo Rates, therefore not applicable for ES Price Matching.

As mentioned in other threads, there is a different method of price-matching ES to Guarantee Rates - if the rate for the Guarantee Category above your ES Category drops below your ES Rate then you can give up your assigned cabin for the higher Category TBA cabin and get the price difference.

ken

Very clearly explained, as always, Ken076. :)

Sorry, it seems I was a little confused as to the actual reason behind needing the answer. I thought the whole point of the question, was to figure out if you were entitled to Price Protection as per the Early Saver program.

My answer was to explain that, final payment due date does not matter as you have up to two business days to file a claim for Price Protection regardless of final payment date. The only difference is if Carnival does an On Board Credit or makes a payment adjustment. Seeing how Canada Julie had paid in full, it would be an On Board Credit.

As the Canadian dollar continues to rise over 97 cents, I will be doing the same in the near future.

Archived