Formal clothes

Pepc

Can experienced Silversea cruisers please let me know what the majority of passengers wear on formal nights - - formal clothes, suits and simple dresses, or just sport coats?

Thank you very much!

Depending on the length of the cruise, at least half of the men wear formal wear. The other half wears a dark suit. However, if you choose to be less formal, you can always opt for a restaurant other than the main dining room and wear a sports coat.

Most of the women dress up with about a third in formal gowns and the remainder in short dresses or dressy slacks and sparkly tops.

The longer the cruise, the more formal the dress.

Our first SS cruise is in November aboard WhisperBarbados / Amazon / Barbados. We plan to frequent the non-formal venues although Jim will be wearing a blazer, decent pants and have a tie handy. I'll be in linen pants with nice tops dressed up with lovely shawls and fancy jackets. And, that will just have to do. There's also the option of eating in our suite. We aren't overly sociable and couldn't care less what others think (although we're always polite) but we'd like to avoid being abused by staff on account of dress.

Our first SS cruise is in November aboard WhisperBarbados / Amazon / Barbados. We plan to frequent the non-formal venues although Jim will be wearing a blazer, decent pants and have a tie handy. I'll be in linen pants with nice tops dressed up with lovely shawls and fancy jackets. And, that will just have to do. There's also the option of eating in our suite. We aren't overly sociable and couldn't care less what others think (although we're always polite) but we'd like to avoid being abused by staff on account of dress.

You have chosen a fabulous itinerary for your first SS cruise.The dress code is covered in your cruise literature and is simple to comply with if you are flexible re dining venue.The staff will be helpful rather than abusive if you slip up on the evening code, eg they provide jackets for men in the MDR.Hope you enjoy your first cruise on SS.

You have chosen a fabulous itinerary for your first SS cruise.The dress code is covered in your cruise literature and is simple to comply with if you are flexible re dining venue.The staff will be helpful rather than abusive if you slip up on the evening code, eg they provide jackets for men in the MDR.Hope you enjoy your first cruise on SS.

That's reassuring, thank you.

I really don't think the staff would be abusive!

On our last Silver Spirit cruise we lost track of time and lingered over cocktails & conversation with new friends after trivia in the Panorama Lounge. Around 5:45-ish, as other guests were coming in all spiffed up, our server subtly reminded our group that formal night was about to begin. I don't recall the exact wording, but it was a quiet, gentle nudge and far from abusive. :)