Caviar Question

descartes1

Caviar...what a First World dilemma! I probably wouldn't care if SS cuisine was generally excellent otherwise. Granted, I have only cruised SS once but I do not think the food was anything special at all, even with a sprinkling of caviar here and there. There is so much more to fine cuisine than caviar. How does Seabourn food compare otherwise to SS?
Everything related to cruising, even whether the beer is cold on Carnival, is a first world dilemma. That doesn't mean us first worlders shouldn't care about it.

• 2 months later...
well - in 2005 when i did my first SS on Shadow , the food was more classic as on Seabourn - in those days having an agreement with a media chef Charlie Palmer ...

in those days from time to time some stupid combinations : finished now.

the food on my last seabourn quest was far better as on several SS

- i probably will not go back on SS caused by the rather average cuisine, ranging from not freshly squeezed orange juice over poor cheeses and simply very basic desserts.

The wine list ( wines to pay for ) is maybe cheaper on SS and service on SB the service is more sophisticated

The time Iranian or Russian Sevruga or Oscietra was served on 5 starred cruiseships is simply history...

Pretty amusing. "...on SB the service is more sophisticated." When we asked the wine waiter which wines were being poured this evening, his response was...red and white. Sophisticated, indeed!