Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

It's a credit to our long-suffering Host Dan, that he hasn't pressed any Red Key that says “Explode All” before now, particularly with someone with my previous convictions. Clearly some of the threads have moved so far off-topic from the OPs original intentions that there is a clear need for a place for people to post where they do not irritate others and can proceed to discuss only those things that are severely unimportant and are the square root of nothing in particular. This use to be something very popular over in SBLand and seems to be something that needs to fill a vacuum here so, and Host Dan agrees. And as a non-recovering OT recidivist he has agreed I should open it.

I guess that in order to ensure this doesn't make Host Dan's life even more problematic we remind ourselves that ALL CC guidelines apply but with the exception that things can be both on and off topic. I'd also like to add a rider for this thread. I personally try to be poster-blind. I try to read each post on it's merits. I'd like this thread to be a place for everyone to banter on anything they wish and the topic either floats or sinks on the interest it generates. I'd also like old perceived slights and scores to be set-aside. I'd like to see the only rule is that anything can be posted that if you were reasonably imaginative and generous it's appropriate. I'd also like to offer the suggestion that everyone should be offered the benefit of the doubt. If you don't like a post then either ignore it, or report it. Don't say you don't like it. Anyway – I have no authority – I just want to start a congenial thread which people simply enjoy with minimal risk of nastiness. Host Dan can if he wants dump all the rubbish form other threads here if he thinks appropriate.

So where do we start.

Guess where I am?

ps. apologies for tappawhalla ipad issues

So where do we start.

ps. apologies for tappawhalla ipad issues

There was I about to leave the sinking ship and you cast temptation in my way.

Lets start with a couple of names :

"Watercooer "- is this where the doves will hang out?

"Cruise Critic" - In light of the content on this site, is this still an appropriate name. Would a name that more realistically captures what is available on the site be more appropriate?

Waving ( sic); but not drowning - yet.

Edited by MARIANH

OK Marlene and Rally. I DID IT! I'm a dislsexist in I. I ain't never cooed me water 'ave I? Me tappawallah went off on one.

I ain't started orf well 'ave I. Fired on me first post. Me first post is me last post sort of fink.

:mad:

OK Marlene and Rally. I DID IT! I'm a dislsexist in I. I ain't never cooed me water 'ave I? Me tappawallah went off on one.

I ain't started orf well 'ave I. Fired on me first post. Me first post is me last post sort of fink.

Glad to sea noone is purfeck :)

Thanks for starting this thread. Assume we can post off-topic subjects? Just want to thank MARIANH for her post on the Regent board. It really helped sort things out:)

TC,I read about you today on EG's site.

I thought that it was a good piece about Regent and some truths that some sailors did not know.;)

Just get on with it you tart.

Stiff upper thingy and all that.

What's for dinner on the Narrow boat Singapore?

Now we have a new home would any SS cruiser recently on one of the ships be able to shine some light on some of the included wines that are available.

I ask as another poster has been having sleepless nights waiting in anticipation for someone to be forthcoming with just a dribble of viticulture essence.

I would be very Grapeful.:)

Now we have a new home would any SS cruiser recently on one of the ships be able to shine some light on some of the included wines that are available.

I ask as another poster has been having sleepless nights waiting in anticipation for someone to be forthcoming with just a dribble of viticulture essence.

I would be very Grapeful.:)

I thought sour grapes were ultra vires. Back to bed, !'m tired.

TC,I read about you today on EG's site.

I thought that it was a good piece about Regent and some truths that some sailors did not know.;)

For the record, I never made that statement. Unfortunately, most of what he writes about Regent is untrue or twisted. Think you would be better off reading the Enquirer - it more factual:)

Edited by Travelcat2

For the record, I never made that statement. Unfortunately, most of what he writes about Regent is untrue or twisted. Think you would be better off reading the Enquirer - it more factual:)

Maybe but you can't argue about the prices and the "Free" things that they market.

And the vibrating ship.:)

Maybe but you can't argue about the prices and the "Free" things that they market.

And the vibrating ship.:)

Agree about the vibrating ship (that vibrates much less since a "ducktail" was added to the aft section a couple of years ago). However, IMO, nothing is "free" on any of the inclusive cruise lines. For instance, When Silversea discontinued included airfare, their prices went down. Regent does "bundle" (for lack of a better word) airfare, alcohol, excursions, etc. Perhaps they advertise "It's all included" a bit too much but doesn't Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea (and a few more) advertise the fact that they are all-inclusive?

Getting back to the blog that you enjoy reading. It is very upsetting to hear about something that I supposedly said on some random website that is completely untrue. Had I said it, I would agree with myself:D

Another off-topic question (this is fun) - why is everyone going to bed? It's only 9:00 p.m. in the U.K. Also, need to have my DH read some of these posts to help translate "English-English" into "American-English" -- some posts are going over my head:-)

Edited by Travelcat2

Well good evening to you all. I am very glad to be here and over the next whatever months learn the pros and cons of SS, we have only cruised SB until now but thanks to that very "kind" gentleman from England on this forum a few nights ago heading me in the right direction we are fully booked for our 1st cruise from Buenos Aires on the Cloud Feb 4th.

Glad to sea noone is purfeck :)

Exactement mon cherry

And what is the funniest thing you were ever arrested for?

I was once arrested for walking down Finchley High Road on a Saturday afternoon with a coffin on me shoulders. Obviously someone else on the other end. No law against it - is there?:confused:

Anyone else have a silly run in with constabulary?

Thanks Jeff and Host Dan - I don't post much but always check in, glad there's now a place for serious conversation ;)

POST BABE - post!:)

I like V8s and I know people in Melburn can rede an rite 'cos they fill out their emigrashum forms don't they!

And that's why a Watercooler is very welcome! (Can you imagine trying to have this conversation on another thread - horrors!)

Anyway, will keep checking in, enjoying your humour (and Mr Luxury's but he's a bit busy on the other place at the moment) and I'll chime in occasionally.

I may live in Melbourne but was born in England so always call England home.

Thanks again.

Karin

I wish parents would control their bleedin' kids.

Just down to the Club for a spot of brekkies. And there were these kids fingering all the food to see which were the best ones. "Use the tongs - not your fingers" I to said to them. Parents seemed a bit surprised ... but I called the chef and insisted he binned all the fingered items and replaced them.

I've managed with the previous manager to get the lounge declared kids free through happy hour (better arrangements made elsewhere) and now I'm telling them they'll make more cash if it was completely kids free ....

:(

Absolutely agree- and I was one of those parents who had 3, all with ADHD. We roamed around the world. And I was a complete sargent major with them. It took a lot of work, was not always fun, but they became civilized travelers. They would look at "those" kids and say- They have no manners. I would be inclined to slap the parent upside the head.