Chateau Dinner in Bordeaux

etual324

Can anyone be so kind as to let me know what the experiance was at the event

my wife and I are looking fwd to this on our SS cruise

Can you tell me the cost

MERCI:)

I suspect this may not be quite what you are referring to but I can tell you a bit about our Chateau lunch on the Explorer a week or so ago. It was included on our trip (the expedition cruise from Lisbon to Portsmouth). Passengers were divided up into either 3 or 4 bus groups and we took off for various chateau. After visiting the winery we went off to a 2 star (I think it was 2 star) Micheline restaurant nearby. The lunches were magnificent- I will post several pictures from my phone. Multiple courses with wine. It was a lovely afternoon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432589795.222699.jpg.4457e43ffea02b08a4738db6d05802e1.jpg

This was our dessert and perhaps the best dessert I have ever had. It was first a meringue "egg" in a nicely flavored foam. When cracked open it had a lovely custard surrounding the "yolk"- a white chocolate ball which when it was cracked open revealed a sweet pea center. It looked lovely, was a delightful conceit, and tasted heavenly. There were several other courses including a shrimp dish and a meat dish- can't find the menu right now so don't remember specifics. And a cheese course. When we returned to the ship we all took a bit of a nap despite another culinary delight awaiting us.

Anyway- it was a a dressy casual event (no shorts, etc) and was enjoyed by all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432589776.341868.jpg.c55e5802348e347aaaccafef2f4ffe55.jpg

Edited by 5waldos