[Dream Cruise Line] Everything Genting Dream PART II

FreestyleNovice

Whoop whoop! :D

Still can't find anything bookable in Europe though.. :o

Hey,

You need to check with your local travel agent to see if they have cruises in Europe for the Genting Dream. Because in Singapore, they advertise through the local travel agents to sell the cruise. I too checked the website and it doesn't show other itineraries other than its China run.

Finally the paint job is starting. Close to completion!

I'm quite interested to see whether this cruise line turns out to be a hit or a miss with the Chinese. I'll definitely try to see whether I can get my hands on the 2 night sailing from Singapore! Hope they get back to me soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

You noted that the ship is being built for the Asia market. How does that effect the cruise experience as far as language usage go? In what languages will the programs/announcements/tours be offered?

I sailed on one of Princess's ships based in Japan. Programs were offered in both Japanese and English. However at one point I was told that one of the senior staff members said they were trying to "discourage" western passengers from booking as the dual language/program thing was becoming too trying.

You noted that the ship is being built for the Asia market. How does that effect the cruise experience as far as language usage go? In what languages will the programs/announcements/tours be offered?

I sailed on one of Princess's ships based in Japan. Programs were offered in both Japanese and English. However at one point I was told that one of the senior staff members said they were trying to "discourage" western passengers from booking as the dual language/program thing was becoming too trying.

It could be that English is the second language used on board but the general experience will be solely for the Asian market and therefore not a leisurely experience for Westerns I guess. ;)

The pax demographic is quite different, more rowdier, less manners, lots of shops and smoking and of course Asian menus/food in every venue.

I personally only want do a taster cruise on Dream and her NCL sister Joy for some sightseeing.