Is Azamara Known for Renewing Their Promotions or Do They Adhere to Expirations?

ChucktownSteve

I'm looking at an Azamara cruise in July 2017 that has the double upgrade promotion which expires the end of August. Would that be a hard/fast deadline or is Azamara known for extending promotions?

I'm cruising on Celebrity the first week in Sept and wondering if I can book Azamara while on board and get the incentives for a future cruise booking?

Hi Steve,

While it's unknown whether the current promo will be extended, Azamara has extended promotions in the past, so - yes it's possible.

You can book an Azamara cruise while onboard Celebrity. They generally offer additional OBC for booking Azamara onboard.

While the Celebrity folks do a great job of booking Celebrity cruises, I always throw them a few questions about Azamara. Unfortunately, they know little about the Azamara product, nor do they have a huge interest in selling the brand - so I highly recommend doing your Azamara homework in advance, as it's better to know what you wish to book, before your cruise.

BTW, if the current double upgrade is a huge factor, why not book now, and then make a second booking while onboard Celebrity if their offer is better ? I think you are only risking a small cancellation fee on the first booking - but it may be well worth it.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time on Celebrity.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Steve,

While it's unknown whether the current promo will be extended, Azamara has extended promotions in the past, so - yes it's possible.

You can book an Azamara cruise while onboard Celebrity. They generally offer additional OBC for booking Azamara onboard.

While the Celebrity folks do a great job of booking Celebrity cruises, I always throw them a few questions about Azamara. Unfortunately, they know little about the Azamara product, nor do they have a huge interest in selling the brand - so I highly recommend doing your Azamara homework in advance, as it's better to know what you wish to book, before your cruise.

BTW, if the current double upgrade is a huge factor, why not book now, and then make a second booking while onboard Celebrity if their offer is better ? I think you are only risking a small cancellation fee on the first booking - but it may be well worth it.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time on Celebrity.

Thankx Andy, I kinda suspected that but I usually do my homework before even booking with a TA.

I hope to have a wonderful tie on Azamara too though. :D

All promotions are like buses. One leaves and there's another one in fifteen minutes!

I like your analogy.

I would add that the time period for the commencement of each promotion may adjust forward as they are rolled out.

And I'm certain they also adjust if certain itineraries are selling well.

Azamara seems to have two basic promotions: double upgrade, and BOGOHO. Depending on the cabin and date one may be slightly better than the other. And of course fares tend to go up more often than they go down, making the earlier promotion better by comparison.

All promotions are like buses. One leaves and there's another one in fifteen minutes!

I know but I'm hoping the next one in fifteen minutes doesn't go off in a direction I don't wish to be going. There ARE different bus routes in a system. :)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

If it's an itinerary you really want to do, grab it! Our Norway cruise has only gone up since I booked the double upgrade last fall. It sold well from the get go.

I'm looking at one for 2017 and it's already selling well.

The best offer I've seen has been a double upgrade plus $1,000 Choice Air credit. I haven't seen that one for a couple of years.

So far the pattern has been that when a promotion expires they come out with a different one. They generally rotate 2 or 3 different types of promotion.

As Host Andy suggests I would book it now, particularly if the double upgrade offer is a good deal for you, then see what the offer is in September. If you are in the USA you should only be up for the $25 AZ cancellation fee (though watch for a TA cancellation fee if you book through one), but that could be more than offset by a better offer in September.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the price could go up by September. It happens!

For some reason my very valid point was removed so I will make it again. In the UK we do not have the ability to cancel and rebook without losing our deposit so cannot do as Host Andy suggested and book on the double upgrade then cancel and rebook when we are onboard if the offer is still available.

Thing is some are better than others and it depends upon what the offer is at the time you book, when you are going and what airfare is like when booking it. I will say that personally I like the double upgrade, especially when combined with registering for the $398 Le Club Voyage upgrade when available benefit. OBC offers aren't so good, nor the BOGOHO. For me at least.

Phil

Thanks for the clarification Bobal - non US guests also need to remember the terms of the offers can differ in terms of what is offered and can have different expiry dates so do all your homework based on the terms of your country. Sometimes the boards posts might mislead you as they are posted from a US perspective.

Our Got to Go sale is here! Your clients will enjoy $1,000 in onboard spending money when they book a Club Balcony stateroom, and $500 in onboard spending money when they book a Club Oceanview or Club Interior stateroom. This offer is only available on select 2015 & 2016 voyages and the earlier you book, the better the fare.

But hurry! This offer is only valid from 17–24 August, 2015*. So book now and then your clients can start planning how to enjoy their onboard spending money!

Source: flyer emailed to TAs

JR 25-Nov-15 WAKE OF COLUMBUS Barcelona Miami 16

JR 11-Dec-15 WEST INDIES HIDEAWAY Miami Miami 12

JR 23-Dec-15 PANAMA CANAL NEW YEAR'S Miami Caldera 11

JR 03-Jan-16 PANAMA CANAL Caldera Miami 10

JR 27-Jan-16 WEST INDIES HIDEAWAY Miami Miami 11

JR 17-Feb-16 COSTA RICA TO BAJA Caldera Los Angeles 12

JR 29-Feb-16 HOLLYWOOD TO SOUTH BEACH Los Angeles Miami 16

JR 16-Mar-16 WEST INDIES HIDEAWAY Miami Miami 10

JR 26-Mar-16 TEMPLES, JUNGLES&BEACHES Miami Miami 10

QS 18-Nov-15 DISCOVER THAILAND & VIETNAM Singapore Hong Kong 14

QS 02-Dec-15 DISCOVERING VIETNAM Hong Kong Singapore 10

QS 22-Dec-15 BALI & BARRIER REEF Bali Cairns 14

QS 13-Feb-16 GREAT BARRIER REEF - BALI Sydney Bali 17

QS 01-Mar-16 ASIAN KALEIDOSCOPE Bali Kyoto 16

QS 17-Mar-16 GREAT CITIES&ASIAN WATERS Osaka Singapore 16

QS 15-Apr-16 THE SPICE ROUTE Singapore Dubai 16

QS 01-May-16 EMIRATES TO PETRA Dubai Athens 16

Edited by little britain

Our Got to Go sale is here! Your clients will enjoy $1,000 in onboard spending money when they book a Club Balcony stateroom, and $500 in onboard spending money when they book a Club Oceanview or Club Interior stateroom. This offer is only available on select 2015 & 2016 voyages and the earlier you book, the better the fare.

But hurry! This offer is only valid from 17–24 August, 2015*. So book now and then your clients can start planning how to enjoy their onboard spending money!

For me this is the worst of Azamara promotions. I find it hard enough to spend even $100 OBC.

I think I've remarked before 'how many more pairs of sunglasses?'

Edited by Grandma Gilly

I booked an Azamara cruise while on board Celebrity's Equinox this last April. Host Andy is correct: the staff on Celebrity are not as familiar with the promos and discounts on Azamara as you would hope. So, go prepared.

I knew as a Discoverer level in LeClub (equivalent of D+ on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity), I was to receive an additional 5% off the booking price. This was the discount the future cruise consultant was unaware of, but once the future cruise supervisor looked over my reservation they added it. It showed as a "CRUISENOW" discount.

This is in addition to the buy one/get one half off promo they had going at the time. Plus I received the $100 onboard credit for booking on another ship. I booked a 7 night Azamara cruise.

Edited by pcur

OK I bit the bullet and put a hold on a cabin. Since V1, V2, V3 & Vdelux are all the the same price, does anyone know which are the better category in order?

Hi Steve,

I like the V2's the best, as they are primarily midship on Decks 6 and 7. If you have a further choice, I'd go with Deck 7 as my first choice.

Are you saying the cat VX are the same price as V1, V2, and V3's ? If so, it might change my answer.

Please advise, and thanks !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Steve,

I like the V2's the best, as they are primarily midship on Decks 6 and 7. If you have a further choice, I'd go with Deck 7 first.

Are you saying the cat VX are the same price as V1, V2, and V3's ? If so, it might change my answer.

Please advise, and thanks !

Yes all four are the same price! I'm holding a V3, cabin 7105 on the starboard past the aft elevator. 7001 & 7000 are available too.

14156.png

Edited by ChucktownSteve

OK I bit the bullet and put a hold on a cabin. Since V1, V2, V3 & Vdelux are all the the same price, does anyone know which are the better category in order?

I booked a VX under the double upgrade promo, but only because I got an aft one. I wouldn't book one forward facing. I've been in one when the ship's sailing and it can get very windy. You also hear the anchor chain if you are tendered and if it's rocky you really feel it (although for some this is a positive). 7105 is a good spot.

Phil

I booked a VX under the double upgrade promo, but only because I got an aft one. I wouldn't book one forward facing. I've been in one when the ship's sailing and it can get very windy. You also hear the anchor chain if you are tendered and if it's rocky you really feel it (although for some this is a positive). 7105 is a good spot.

Phil

Thankx Phil,

All the aft VX are booked.

Do you know if you can use the Loyalty Stateroom Category Upgrade program if you're also using the double upgrade promo? I suspect not. What about shareholder benefit?

Yes all four are the same price! I'm holding a V3, cabin 7105 on the starboard past the aft elevator. 7001 & 7000 are available too.

Hi Steve,

I think you will be happy with 7105. Just curious - are there any V2's on Deck 7 available ?

Hi Steve,

I think you will be happy with 7105. Just curious - are there any V2's on Deck 7 available ?

Hiya Andy,

Yep seven V2 cabins on deck 7 as of now. You wanna go? 14 night Istanbul to Rome July 22, 2017. Veranda's $3825pp + port fees. Is that a good price? I don't know Azamara. :D

Edited by ChucktownSteve