Vow Renewal Ladies

GiselaS

DH and I have our 10th anniversary upcoming this May. We will be in the port St. Lucia on our anniversary. We would LOVE to renew our vows on the beach and I am looking for suggestions. :)

Congrats on your 10th anniversary, let us know how it goes.. We are trying to plan for next March (our 20th), and would love a beach renewal...Enjoy your trip

My wife and I are renewing our vows on the Norwegian Getaway in February. I will take credit for the idea. This will be our seventh cruise. We've managed to find a cruise where we will be and to renew on our actual 15th anniversary.

We (well, I) have been dealing with the group events desk for the Getaway, rather than the external company. I found the information on the website, and that lead me to the group desk. It's been a while since I started the process, but I think the group desk does renewals and the external company does weddings.

We have the deluxe package so the Captain will do the ceremony. (That was a requirement for my wife.) The group desk sent me sample vows, which we will probably modify a bit. They weren't bad, actually.

Our wedding was on a 60-foot schooner off Key West. So, since we're a little bit larger, we found a bigger ship for the renewal.

My sister-in-law and her husband (who attended the wedding) will be with us. Also, a small party, but not just us.

How do those who have the Captain do the ceremony plan to tip him? Do you?

Kevin

We had our 30th anniversary vow renewal on the Island Princess. The captain officiated. My husband didn't tell me the cost, but I know everything was expensive, and it seems unthinkable to tip the captain. It's not that kind of thing. I would think a captain might even be insulted to be tipped. He's not like a bartender or a waiter, and hopefully it's a nice thing for him. I can understand your being concerned, but I think it would be very unusual in such an event to try and tip.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I are so excited to renew our vows on our 10 year wedding anniversary (6-24-16 NCL Sun, port of call Skagway, AK on Meade Glacier) I have a REAL WEDDING DRESS! When we married we basically eloped and missed out on a lot of the things we really wanted. So thankful for cc and t he opportunity to learn from and share this with others!

1435684600188.jpg.4a2fc4db8291438c77820bb6030fd7b9.jpg

• 1 month later...
DH and I have our 10th anniversary upcoming this May. We will be in the port St. Lucia on our anniversary. We would LOVE to renew our vows on the beach and I am looking for suggestions. :)

Did you manage to renew your vows on a St. Lucia beach? I do hope so. Lets us have an update please as this is something that my husband and I want to do on our Getaway cruise this year.

Setting sail in 63 days, and will be having an intimate vow renewal ceremony through Carnival. It is only the two of us - I was hoping to keep my dress and me in it a secret until the actual ceremony. Is there a place for getting ready on board that is not in our cabin? And who should I get/find to help me with a zipper?

My husband and I are planning a June cruise and we recently just found a Mayan Wedding Vow renewal for $200 in Cozumel. It sounds awesome, anyone have any experience with this?

I don't have experience with it, but I would strongly suggest having a back up plan in case for some reason the ship can't port there.

• 2 months later...

We renewed our vows on De Palm beach in Aruba instead of St. Lucia as the weather was sunny and the beach lovely. We are so glad that we made that decision as St. Lucia had a deluge that day and Castries was flooded, in fact, some people on an NCL excursion had to be rescued and returned to the ship via a catamaran as some roads were impassable. We left St. Lucia an hour late due to this.

Our day in Aruba was lovely with our friends. Pat, read the words of our sand ceremony whilst her husband, Terry, took photos of the ceremony.6154680_orig.jpg

Once back on board, NCL supplied us with a complimentary small cake to celebrate. The cake topper was from our original wedding cake.

792573_orig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful pictures! We are getting so close to our vow renewal. I ordered my dress online and was worried about fit but it was perfect. I chose a navy blue because I thought the white looked too much like a wedding dress. Carnival emailed me the "written vows" that they use and I loved them. I sent back the cake order form and got an email response right away. There are now 10 of us going in 4 cabins.

This is a great thread and I am so please it is here.

Enjoying reading about Vow Renewals.

My Husband and I had ours last June in St. Thomas. We had 28 friends and family sailing

with us on Carnival Valor.

If you do a search for St. Thomas Vow Renewals, you will find a lot. Ours was arranged

by Janelle at Island Bliss.

I had been working on everything for almost two years and loved every minute of it.

So much fun putting everything together.

Our reception was a catamaran cruise that left right from the beach after the ceremony.

We sailed around for almost 4 hours and then they dropped us off back at the dock by

the ship.

A great way to celebrate our 50 years together.

Tropicqueen

• 1 month later...

Back now from our Vow Renewal Cruise on Carnival Paradise. We had a blast.

We were contacted immediately once on the ship and met with the planner after dinner. She was amazing. They accommodated our request to have the ceremony the same day as formal night just earlier in the day. It was held in the Piano Bar and was set up beautifully. The ceremony was about 15 min long. We then had some pictures taken, did a toast and cut the cake. The photographer took us for a few group pictures and then my DH and I around the ship for pictures. Our experience was wonderful.

We picked Carnival for 2 reasons, the price and that the Captain does the ceremony. The only draw back was the price of the extra photographs. They are very pricey so we ended up only buying a few.

1370219920_PictureorVideo009.jpg.7c89fb5564107bcb3fec8ad8bc59d46f.jpg

389783384_PictureorVideo003.jpg.70003baf2c32886f51ca8ca3e78b2e13.jpg

1760835572_PictureorVideo007.jpg.928e3dd338e1fec3021299f55202059a.jpg

1756229467_PictureorVideo004.jpg.b24133d8fc5e9ffeacdb30664a9fec56.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Back now from our Vow Renewal Cruise on Carnival Paradise. We had a blast.

We were contacted immediately once on the ship and met with the planner after dinner. She was amazing. They accommodated our request to have the ceremony the same day as formal night just earlier in the day. It was held in the Piano Bar and was set up beautifully. The ceremony was about 15 min long. We then had some pictures taken, did a toast and cut the cake. The photographer took us for a few group pictures and then my DH and I around the ship for pictures. Our experience was wonderful.

We picked Carnival for 2 reasons, the price and that the Captain does the ceremony. The only draw back was the price of the extra photographs. They are very pricey so we ended up only buying a few.

We are renewing our vows in June on the Carnival Victory. Your pictures are lovely!It"s nice to get an idea of how the ceremony/toast goes.

• 2 months later...

To any if the Carnival vow renewal ladies...I would like to know any details about the actual ceremony. Can you have a "wedding party"? Can you have a song as you walk down the aisle? Can you exchange rings? Any details about the ceremony itself would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
To any if the Carnival vow renewal ladies...I would like to know any details about the actual ceremony. Can you have a "wedding party"? Can you have a song as you walk down the aisle? Can you exchange rings? Any details about the ceremony itself would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I experienced you can have what you want just around the ships schedule. We added a hand fasting to ours but could be ring exchange if you wanted. We also had a special toasting cup and our own music. Gave them the CD to play. You can use your own vows too if you want to but we went with what Carnival had. If you mean "wedding party" like brides maids and stuff, we had our grand kids walk in ahead of me and my son walked me down the isle.

Our experience was wonderful. Aside from the overpriced pictures I would highly recommend it. PM me your email and I will send you copies of the documents they send once you book. (ceremony vows, cake order form)

• 1 month later...

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in July 2017 and we have booked our first ever cruise to the Carribean with Thomson on their new TUI Discovery ship in the March/April. We have booked a Blessing at Sea, costing £195, which includes the ceremony, flowers, cake, champagne, photos and dinner at the Captains table.

Has anyone done this one before and can tell me what to expect? Do we write our own vows? I don't think we get to plan anything until we are on the ship.

Edited by TrueBlueAngel

• 10 months later...
You can't have a renewal on the beach with Carnival because they hire third party companies to run their weddings in ports. Carnival on-ship personnel are in charge of planning and coordinating vow renewals.

We were pleased with everything. We worked closely with our planner in Miami to get everything set up and then worked with a coordinator once we boarded the ship to tie up the loose ends.

If there is left-over dessert you have the option to have it served at dinner. Ours lasted a few nights and it was delicious.

We pretty much had our choice of venues for the ceremony and reception. We chose to have our ceremony in the chapel and our reception in the Ivory Piano Bar next door. We didn't know the exact day and time for our ceremony, but we had it narrowed down before we boarded. VR times are subject to the availability of the captain and cannot take place on embarkation day or days with formal nights.

We did gift bags for our guests and filled them with things we've found handy on previous cruises (small bottles of sunscreen, sanitizer, highlighters, etc). We didn't brand our wedding or initials onto anything in the bag (t-shirts, hats, etc.)

8411515460_c4d747b51c_n.jpg8411515598_ae0ee8a929_n.jpg

I love your gift bags...especially the personalized Carnival fun Times. Amy chance you still have the template?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi ladies, thanks for starting this thread. I plan to read through it and learn more of your journeys!

We are cruising with our 4 college and HS aged kids, and one precious granddaughter in late December on the Emerald Princess, sailing out of Houston. April 2018 marks our Silver Anniversary, so we are going to surprise the kids and renew our vows during this time together.

hello ladies!

i'll be sailing on the anthem of the seas with family in june 23, 2018. my husband and i decided to do our planned vow renewal during the cruise in bermuda! it's interesting to hear all your stories and i appreciate all your insight. since it's not a wedding, i don't want it to be too big and obnoxious like my wedding (over 400 people!!!), i want something simple with meaning for around 20-30 folk. i'll be sure to share my experiences with you all so that this may help someone as they prepare for their "2nd" (or more!) special day. :)

• 2 months later...

Our vow renewal is set for 05/2018 on the Legend through Carnival. It's been super easy for the planning just not sure what date it will be done. Anyone do the renewal on an Alaskan cruise before? I'm anticipating the pictures being expensive.