The much awaited for reunion is almost here!

Emdee

Many of us booked this cruise in 2015 and now the waiting and waiting is almost over. I am really looking forward to this one for two main reasons:

To be in one of the most beautiful places in the world on the PG is one. The other is in the true sprit of a reunion to reconnect with friends we met on the last reunion.

When the b2b which I had envisaged was canned we decided to spend our pre cruise in the Bora Bora Thalasso which was on DD's wish list. Gabelle and Vacayaddict will be at the Hilton Moorea along with Patti and some non cruise critic friends of ours. Crusingsfun along with her friends will be at the Moorea IC. Motu Angler, Carduchi, javadoc and the Dee will be at the IC Tahiti and Michael will be on board the PG for a cook islands b2b. Not sure of flightmedics's plans.

Many plans have been hatched to meet up at happy hour, visit the Marche etc etc. Those who were not planning a pre cruise are even meeting up at Vino Volo at Tom Bradley to get the party started!

Edited by Emdee

The Journey begins....

The long journey to paradise is not to be shrugged at. I have often referred to it as similar to having a baby....hell when you are going thru it but Oh the beauty of it when you get there.

Our Air Canada flight went well and soon we were in the KAL lounge awaiting our Air France flight.

Love the pods on Air France business , very comfortable and similar to Cathay Pacific. I declined my meal and immediately dosed off as it was early morning Toronto time. They were kind enough to provide a nice plate of cheese , foie gras, salmon app and mango dessert part of their express dinner later in the night when I awoke hungry. Most of the staff were Polynesian and were friendly. Only complaint is the blanket was thin and the cabin was a bit cold.

Arrival in Papeete was fine and the usual wait for immigration had to be endured.

Everything went haywire next when the Air Tahiti luggage scanner was out and we had to be checked tge old school way with each suitcase being opened. Naturally the process took a few hours and we were fortunate to be just a hour late. We sat on the suggested left side of the plane but unfortunately our seats were close to the propeller. Nevertheless, DD managed some nice pics.

We are now ensconced in the beautiful Bora Bora Thalasso resort. The management kindly acceded to my request to have a bungalow close to the shore so i am able to walk down the 7 steep steps to the aquamarine water below. The bungalows are very nice, large and comfortable. I see a lot of roosting in the water in my near future! Dinner last night was blah with the exception of the Tuna sashimi. We were too tired to watch the show and the music lulled me to sleep

So jealous. I wish I could have made this cruise.

So while you guys are on the ship I will be using my vanilla powder, vanilla sugar, vanilla infused olive oil, etc etc in everything I cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know Twin .......

One can look at pictures of the colors within the lagoon of Bora Bora but until you see it in person you can never really see what it truly is like ....... As I enjoy the creme bulee with local vanilla, all while looking at the scenery from my balcony I'll be thinking of you :)

So jealous. I wish I could have made this cruise.

So while you guys are on the ship I will be using my vanilla powder, vanilla sugar, vanilla infused olive oil, etc etc in everything I cook!

Wish you were here too...would have been great, start saving for the next one.,.whenever it is.

You will be with us in spirit.

Wish you were here too...would have been great, start saving for the next one.,.whenever it is.

You will be with us in spirit.

I really liked the Thalasso when we stayed there 4 years ago. Too bad you had a mediocre meal.

Thanks for the sentiment. Have a great cruise!

Emdee,

So glad that you are there safe and sound! Hope the food improves though. We are hoping for a OTW bungalow that is further out. Can't wait to hear more!

TWIN - wish we were going also. Was so nice to meet you last reunion cruise.

When checking in today for our flight from Portland to LAX, we got a super cheap upgrade to first class. Decided that with 2 free checked bags, that the roll-aboard that I was taking will be checked and we will have less to juggle on the plane. My big case is now by the front door and ready to go. :D

Picture perfect BB day. Had brekkie at 6.30 am after we woke up at 3.30 quite ravenous. Then went across to the Moana to do some shopping both from the resort and across the street. Bought plenty of water and Tahiti drink a few snacks and vanilla paste. There hsve been a couple of tropical rainshowers but nothing more. Today shall order my dinner from Sands which has more choices for me.

Enjoyed the lovely BB water for a few hours.

Discovered that my brand new water shoes didnt hold up very well. With so many days ahead to use them, shopped around to get another pair and found one in a small store called magazin matira just outside the Moana. Took the chance to stock up on water, DD's favourite Tahiti Drink and some Hinano Beer for DH. Had a chance to enjoy the old school Polynesian feel of the Moana vis a vis the modern and upmarket feel, though still Polynesian, of the Thalasso. We are happy we are at the Thalasso with its uncluttered beach and shallow lagoon. That being said its hard to get off the reservation with the schedules etc.

Dinner today was a lot better than yesterday. The food presentation was excellent and the desserts were amazing. It was very pleasant to sit in the restaurant with the lovely ocean beeezes wafting by. Returned to our Bungalow only to find that all three room keys didnt work. Fortunately, we were able to hail a passing golf cart who opened the door with his master key and ferried DH to reception to get brand new keys.

Just another day in paradise.....

Yesterday at dinner had a chat with the very friendly food and beverage manager of the resort. He told us some interesting things about the problems of food procurement in BB. For example, there are some months when they dont get either limes or tomatoes for an entire point. Hope the PG is well stocked up with limes for my favourite refreshing drink of lime juice and salt.

Also met some of the PG passengers on their excursion to the Thalasso. Alas Micheal was awol but we heard he very kindly gave up his place on the excursion to someone else!

Today was the best day ever. Brilliant sunshine and shimmering water with every shade of blue. the Thalasso is a wonderful resort. Certain parts are a little tired and the menus needs to be updated but otherwise just great.

Tomorrow is our last full day here and then the bliss of the PG.

Last evening met The Dee, Carduchi, and a non-cc couple for drinks at the Tiki Bar. Service slow, as expected, but nice to see Linda and Colby, and Brenda and Scott again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The TIC is exactly the same as always. Met at least three pairs of newlyweds overnighting and on their way to BB today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It appears that we are on our own here...but its just the newlyweds only surface from time to time. We are in the water in front of our bungalow for hours morning and afternoon.

Now packing for the next stage!