PEI diy

esimon

I just happen to live here. Bring a sweater. There is always a breeze in PEI. Renting a car for the day would be cheaper than a taxi. There are guided tours available at the port. The downtown district is a beautiful easy walk and you could spend the day doing just that. If a tour is what you are looking for try experiencepei.ca or Prince Edward Tours. There will also be tours available at the port. All are honest local hard working people. You will be safe. Have fun. If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my SM-T377W using Forums mobile app

I just happen to live here. Bring a sweater. There is always a breeze in PEI. Renting a car for the day would be cheaper than a taxi. There are guided tours available at the port. The downtown district is a beautiful easy walk and you could spend the day doing just that. If a tour is what you are looking for try experiencepei.ca or Prince Edward Tours. There will also be tours available at the port. All are honest local hard working people. You will be safe. Have fun. If you have any questions let me know.

I am not the OP..but also visiting in October via cruise...I have already booked a one hour "city highlights tour"..then plan on walking the downtown...PEI is a place we always wanted to visit....Would love any recommendations for a nice, casual, seafood lunch near port...Thanks so much..

For some wonderful seafood lunch just outside the port head to Water Prince Lobster Shop. They have something for everyone. Try the seafood chowder and Island mussels. Kelly Ripa was here a few years ago and loved this little restaurant so much she raved about it on her show.

For some wonderful seafood lunch just outside the port head to Water Prince Lobster Shop. They have something for everyone. Try the seafood chowder and Island mussels. Kelly Ripa was here a few years ago and loved this little restaurant so much she raved about it on her show.

THANK YOU !!!!! I do so appreciate it....I just printed out their webpage....and put in our cruise folder....!

I've wanted to go to PEI ever since I fell in love with Anne of Green Gables as a child. Are the guided "Green Gables" tours worth it? We often like to explore locations on our own (usually on foot), but it's definitely not within walking distance so we would have to rent a car or book a tour. Suggestions?

I would do the guided tour to Green Gables. It is about a 45 minute drive. Also depending on the time of year Green Gables will only be open for Cruise Tours. I believe the regular open hours end mid September.

suggestions or idea for getting off the ship and booking a tour in town? taxis or tour companies available?

The first one is just a walk from the port, the other 2 were earlier in the day from a 3-hour taxi ride as far as Cavendish ($60 per hour, there were 6 of us). There were quite a few taxis waiting at the port. All the best, Tony

lHiNXwpsAiw 9sW01QVxX0M XISMUulN-wg

• 1 month later...

I am a summer resident of PEI and you will love it. I would suggest having a lobster followed by ice cream from Cow's. Driving is so easy and pleasant because the traffic is usually reasonable. If you like beaches .... They are spectacular!

We've been to PEI twice and loved it. We've taken the city tour (you can buy tickets there and it's right near the dock) which was very nice and a good overview of the community. We also took the tour to Anne of Green Gables and a lobster lunch at the PEI Preserve company. This was a ship tour. We enjoyed the Anne of Green Gables tour very much, beautiful. They have a lot of souvenirs for children, dolls etc. The Lobster lunch was delicious and we purchased some preserves at the store to take home. Very delicious. You can google the PEI Preserve company and see what they have to offer. I would recommend the Chip Shack for the best french fries I have ever had. The Chip Shack is right by the port. You can look on Trip Advisor for reviews.

I would do the guided tour to Green Gables. It is about a 45 minute drive. Also depending on the time of year Green Gables will only be open for Cruise Tours. I believe the regular open hours end mid September.

You had me worried since our cruise is mid October, and we're planning on renting a car. Fortunately, the Green Gables website shows it's open 9-5 through Oct. 31st.

Do you remember who you purchased the city tour tickets from? Thanks.

You can't miss it. Once you exit the port it's to the right. You will see signs for the city tour and where to purchase the tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Will we need dinner reservations for Water Prince Lobster Shop? We'll be there on a Monday night (September 18).

• 2 weeks later...

When my husband and I visited PEI last year in late April, on our babymoon, we rented a car and drove to Green Gables Heritage place where we toured the Green Gables House and walked the woods. We then took the scenic route along the Coast to take pictures and it was beautiful! Last we had a huge bowl of PEI mussels and lobster rolls for lunch right by the dock at Lobster on the Wharf in Charlottetown before returning the car. Very leisurely day, and it was surprisingly warm there for April! My husband and I still talk about that day and can't wait to book a cruise that visits PEI again so that we can take our son (again!). :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! My cousin runs a great tour from the Charlottetown port. He'll customize a tour based on what you're interested in. He knows a lot about the island, has a great sense of humour and has lots of stores. He's gotten some great reviews! Check out his trip advisor review section. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g155023-d10308874-Reviews-Cyril_s_Tours_and_Tales-Charlottetown_Prince_Edward_Island.html Good luck! We just left Charlottetown and had an amazing time. As always!