Manhatten or Redhook

bill_posters_is_innocent

Have booked an East bound TA (M825) 6th July 2018 and will be flying to the states about 3 weeks before to visit relatives in Florida

I had assumed that QM2 would use Redhook but have seen an internet site that stipulates this voyage is departing from Manhatten.

As I will be flying from florida to NY on the 2nd of July and wont be eligible for a transfer to the ship I will book an hotel for 3 nights and need to know if I should book in Brooklyn or Manhatten to make the journey to the ship easier.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

For 3 nights I would consider booking in Manhattan either way. You'll probably want to spend more time there and it saves daily trips into Manhattan. The trip to Brooklyn Red Hook isn't difficult if that's you departure point. In addition, surprisingly, I've found better hotel deals in Manhattan, given that there is more selection than in Brooklyn.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Heartily agree with post #2! Have a holiday in Manhattan! Your hotel can easily get you a taxi or car service to the ship. Get there by Noon-1pm, you'll be boarded and can lunch on ship!

Note that sometimes the port information is mistaken. On our return crossing this May, the NY port info showed arrival into Manhattan, but was incorrect. (The NY Port Authority web site showed Manhattan on its schedule page, but the pdf that was available for download showed Red Hook, which was correct). It's highly unusual for the QM2 to dock in Manhattan, as she is too long to fit into the Manhattan piers without sticking too far into the Hudson. Since then, I think she has docked there shortly after Hurricane Sandy and on rare occasions where there is a big Princess ship in Red Hook.

In any event, I completely agree that you will want to stay in Manhattan.

Definitely recommend booking a hotel in Manhattan. Although Brooklyn is a great borough, Manhattan has so much more to offer in terms of museums, theatre, shopping, restaurants, etc.

By the way, I love your screen name!!

Ricki