If you had to pick three grossest foods...

schmoopie17

• 4 weeks later...
This is my absolutely-no-go list:

Organ meats and offal

Raw or undercooked meat (nothing below medium rare for beef)

Fish/seafood/shellfish (with the exception of blackened halibut)

Meat with high fat content (nothing worse than biting into a huge wad of gluey fat, ugh) or lots of gristle

Dark meat poultry

Eggs prepared in any way that does not involve combining the yolk and white (poaching, frying, boiling, etc.)

Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, creamy salad dressings

Escargot

Amphibian/reptile meat

Insects

I like most things on this list except fatty meat, gristly anything, greasy chicken - actually greasy meat of any kind is a turn off, as are escargot and insects. As for organ meats liver is okay, brains, hearts, kidneys and sweetbreads are out. I've cut way back on fat and oils in general, but I've always liked condiments. And I love eggs cooked any way, but no runny white.

I will add that when we were on the NCL Spirit, there were quite a few International dishes on the buffet that seemed weird and bizarre because they were so foreign. Several of those dishes even smelled weird to me, and I had no desire to taste any of it. I do however like Italian, Mexican, Asian, Indian and Greek/Mediterranean and French food. For some reason that is the only ship where I have ever experienced that strangeness with ethnic food. But the French restaurant (Le Bistro?) on NCL Spirit was fabulous.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

• 3 weeks later...

I HATE tomatoes, yuck! I love spaghetti and pizza and salsa (if it isn't too chunky or tomatoe-y), but ketchup, tomato juice, tomato soup, and raw tomatoes are gross. I also hate gravy of any kind, it's slimy and greasy and fatty, and sausage gravy looks like dog puke. Not a fan of beef, either. I'll eat a burger, but the thought of eating prime rib or steak or roast beef, especially when it's all bloody, makes me want to gag.

By far the most disgusting food I have ever tried is Marmite. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a yeast spread for toast, popular in the UK. I tried it at our hotel in York, England, because I knew I would never get the chance again. Just imagine mixing yeast with a little water and salt, and spreading it on toast. How does anyone eat this?

Raw oysters look like boogers, ewww.

Almost all fruits and vegetables, most seafood (except oysters), and most meat (except beef and veal) is ok by me, but I am not a big meat eater.

Unlike some of you on here, I love bitter or heavily flavored foods. My favorites foods are beets, figs, brussels sprouts, raspberries, chocolate, and cheese, especially very dark chocolate and blue cheeses. I have a terrible sense of smell due to life long allergies, and I assume this is why I love foods with a LOT of flavor. Also love big, bold, red wines. And escargot? I could eat them like potato chips, I love them that much.

Edited by kimlovesfl

I can't stand lasagna, it's just too much of everything, so rich and...I just can't do it.

I eat one thing at a time, so stuff like shepherd's pie is a no-no. My mother used to make it, and I hated it, but if you didn't eat what mum made, you didn't eat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So many different answers. Wow. Is there any hope for world peace?

Here's a new one:

Airline food. Which my son says is the biggest danger in flying.

I'd add offal/organs, but will yum on pate. Have never seen insects. Some don't likes like lima beans, etc. But generally I say bring it on.

Lots of traveling is done on one's stomach.

I'll try just about anything once. There are however three things that I do not care for:

Blue cheese - it's mold!

Olives - keep trying them but have no taste for them

Cilantro - if I want the taste of dish soap in my mouth, I'll you know, drink dish soap.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving this thread! Nice to see that there are others as picky as me :D.

I won't eat:

onions, celery, beetroot, olives, pickles (or pickled anything)

ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressings

coffee, alcohol

liver or any other organs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Offal (liver/kidney mainly), although will eat haggis once in a while and love pate.

Raw Oysters, can't stand the texture.

Beetroot and bell peppers, any colour, they find their way into everything these days!

Hate coffee too, even the smell of it, I have to push my OH cup away from me at breakfast as it puts me right off.

(:D Love mushrooms, tomatoes (except for those gross tinned plum tomatoes that someone served me on toast once) and love anything in a shell just not oysters). I also love corriander/cilantro, apparently it is something in your genetics whether it tasted like soap or not, I love it raw and cooked and it has never tasted like soap to me, when I moved to the US and found it in stock cube form I was happy, now I can sneak it into everything as my OH doesn't like green bits in curry etc.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Well Haggis must certainly top the list,

Artichokes look like a weapon of destruction,

Finally... pickles. Just awful.

lol weapons of destruction. I'm over here dying.

Carnival Liberty December 2017

Carnival Liberty December 2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cool...another Seinfeld fan! Remember when Jerry wouldn't eat the pizza because Poppi didn't wash his hands after using the restroom? Speaking of gross things, that was pretty gross. Or when George wouldn't eat the pie because the cook poisoned it? Also pretty gross...

Or when George picked the donut out of the garbage and ate it?

Obviously late to this thread...what a roller coaster it was reading this--Abortion, Cat Feces, Vegemite, Cairo, Creamy Brains, Thumper....what a thread!

I'll eat just about anything...have eaten brains, cricket tacos, scorpions, etc

but things I don't like:

1) Raw Tomato--looks like it's in a larva stage--jelly, seeds, arrgghhh

2) By extension V8....why the heck would anyone drink this or tomato juice for that matter

3) Baked Alaska....I always try it since it's a cruise staple, but never like it...i'll keep trying though...an optimist's life is never easy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Eggs (any style). First of all, think about where eggs come from. And the yellow, runny yolk also looks like snot (I sense a theme here). Plus, they taste nasty. I'll never understand how anyone can eat an egg without vomiting it right up. Don't get me started on eggs benedict.

There's my list (and trust me, I have a lot more than three)...:p

I feel you! Especially scrambled eggs at a buffet (whether hotel or cruise ship) it always looks terrible :')

• 4 weeks later...

Black Sausage! I tried it in the breakfast buffet.

I almost had convulsions and immediately spit it up. Nastiest tasting stuff I ever tried to eat in my life. The people in the next table were laughing at me. I've never had it before and had no idea it is filled with blood.

That garbage should just be used for strange religous rituals - keep it out of the breakfast buffet!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...